November 18, 2017, 05:54:57 AM

Author Topic: Thursday - Day 1 Draft Discussion  (Read 19478 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Thursday - Day 1 Draft Discussion
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »
We will open this up Thursday.

popcorn)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: Thursday - Day 1 Draft Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:18:03 PM »
Opening this up a couple hours early.

Bring it!!

hatsoff) popcorn)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:41:10 PM »
Good timing, LMG. I'm guessing we'll be on the clock in about 24 hours on the dot.

Offline DWhitehurst

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 11:26:31 PM »
Prediction: We will not trade up with Cleveland for the #1 pick. Take that to the bank.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 08:22:13 AM »
McShays final mock has us taking USC CB Adoree Jackson.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »
Seeing quite a few final mocks today that have Corey Davis or John Ross available at #29.  We need defense, but Id take a long serious look at either of those guys.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:41:15 AM by The GM »

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 09:04:21 AM »
Seeing quite a few final mocks today that have Corey Davis or John Ross available at #29.  We need defense, but Id take a long serious look at either of those guys.

I cant look at any more MD's or read any more assessments LOL. Burned out. Fried. Just do it already!
But.......
In the stuff I'd read and seen before today, Ross/Williams (or Williams/Ross) were the first/second WR's off the list - with Davis coming in @ #3 - and in our drafting range - so I got to know him a bit - and he's (supposedly) a big/fast guy that runs good routes (check, check and check of sought after WR's attributes....) - and with Davante coming up for resigning - and with Jordy coming up on 32 - and with everybody thinking Cobb's overpaid - perhaps restocking the WR corp with A PLAYER wouldn't be a bad idea. Get that "WR's cant/dont do anything their first year" thought process started.

Part of my thinking regards drafting a certain RB this year is it could make Monty available to the WR corp again next year. Rotate him back up to the position he was drafted at.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 09:05:07 AM »
That's just it GM.  If a guy like Corey Davis falls into our lap what is TT to do?  Gotta draft him IMO.  TT has allowed himself the flexibility through FA signings to do just that.  Could be a surprise tonight that none of us saw coming. 

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 10:04:29 AM »
Have to say I love the draft even more than game day. Crazy!
I'm hoping we double up at CB and OLB with at least one pick from each position in the top 3.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 10:07:07 AM »
If we can't get McCaffrey then Corey Davis is the only other offensive player I'm actively rooting for before any defensive options. (with the assumption there is -0- chance at OJ Howard)

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »
In the last couple days I've been looking at the prospects, and to me, there seems to be a lot of talent in the 2nd to 3rd round area.

I see a top 12 to 15, then a bunch of similar talent in the top 75.

Trading down and picking up  another pick in the top 75 would sound good to me.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
I'm mostly zeroed in on 5 guys (no certain order):

1.) Christian McCaffrey
2.) Corey Davis
3.) Derek Barnett
4.) TJ Watt
5.) Chidobe Awuzie

I secretly hope it's Davis or Watt, both of them have such high ceilings.

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 10:51:20 AM »
I really hope Watt or Awuzie are there at 29. Those are the two I'm most interested in at this point. I'd be okay with King as well.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
Lots of wild rumors out there.  If Garret Myles is not chosen by Cleveland and they choose Trubisky, that means the other QB's will move up and other critical defenders will drop and become available to us.  There was some talk Tampa and GB were talking about a trade-up for GB into Tampa's slot.  Absolutely not in Rd. 1, but in Rds 2 or 3, I would do that!  Supposedly the 1st rd move up would be for the Florida STate RB.  If three of four first picks aren't on defense, TT and MM should both be fired as should the rest of the staff!  WAtson, Mahomes may end up going to Buffalo, Jets and maybe other QB's move up.  I would not touch Kizer with a 50' pole.  CANCER!!!! 

This team will not see a Superbowl until it solves it Talent problem at the MLB position!!!  I posted my mocks and I've been harping about this for three years!!!  Yeah I know we need CB's, G, etc.  I would argue we need another safety.  Keep an eye on Desmond King/Iowa!!!  He is in my mind the best coverage DB in this draft!!!   Did I forget, he's damn good at returning kicks.  DEFENSE.   There are plenty of RB's and WRS in rds 5-6.  Two real good WRS Chad Hansen and Kenny Galladay!!!  Throw in KD cannon from Baylor, another Donald Driver.  I'd like to see a QB in RDS 7., been harping for the last six months about Kelly and Seth Russell from Baylor.  Russell is another Lynn Dickey!

Don't be surprised if the Packers and Tennessee make a deal for Hundley.  People around Tennessee are feeling Marriota won't be ready for the first four weeks.

Offline Redt

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »
If Foster falls to # 29 take him. S#!~ just got real.