September 23, 2017, 06:07:19 AM

Author Topic: Thursday - Day 1 Draft Discussion  (Read 14619 times)

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
Re: Thursday - Day 1 Draft Discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 11:54:49 AM »
Totally agree with this article about why you pick a pass rusher 1st and then look for a CB.
It was written with Dallas in mind (who unfortunately picks right before us) but applies to us as well.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/04/26/pass-rusher-cb-28-2011-nfl-draft-gives-cowboys-things-consider

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »
I'm now sold on going pass rush first... I am hoping a healthy version of Rollins and Randall are much better. That being said, we still need to draft a CB. I just believe at this point having some fresh blood that can put pressure on opposing QBs will make the whole defense look better.

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 12:48:30 PM »
With the depth in this draft at the edge I don't think its imperative that 29 be used at OLB.  Actually I would be okay with OLB, CB, ILB, and RB as picks at 29 that would instantly upgrade our team, which is the main point.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
With the depth in this draft at the edge I don't think its imperative that 29 be used at OLB.  Actually I would be okay with OLB, CB, ILB, and RB as picks at 29 that would instantly upgrade our team, which is the main point.

Agree, even if that player is Joe Mixon passing the Packers evals.  Important to get the best player on Sundays.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 01:29:08 PM »
McShays final mock has us taking USC CB Adoree Jackson.

Ok for a pick in round 2 at #61, not at #29.............and THAT means someone else will pull the trigger before the Packers pick there.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 01:40:53 PM »
As much as we talk about holes, Ted has done a pretty good job of filling in depth this off season.  He looks to me to be in a position to draft whomever he thinks will be the best play maker available.  We may end up surprised tonight.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »

Ok for a pick in round 2 at #61, not at #29.............and THAT means someone else will pull the trigger before the Packers pick there.

Mayock has Jackson as the #22 best talent in the draft, so it is not out of the question.

Might not be my pick, but nobody thinks my opinion is worth the big money,
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:48:47 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 01:45:29 PM »
As much as we talk about holes, Ted has done a pretty good job of filling in depth this off season.  He looks to me to be in a position to draft whomever he thinks will be the best play maker available.  We may end up surprised tonight.

Hope so :)

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 03:51:27 PM »

Mayock has Jackson as the #22 best talent in the draft, so it is not out of the question.

Might not be my pick, but nobody thinks my opinion is worth the big money,

This is more a reflection of MY reservations about taking him at #29, compared to guesses by professional draftniks. I just wouldn't like that pick for several reasons I have mentioned elsewhere.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 05:19:21 PM »
Give me a break.......
Turned on NFL Network and they've got some "pre-Oscar-like" red carpet thing going on.
Somebody asks "What are you wearing?" and I'll throw a shoe at the TV!

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »

I'm not liking Mayock.

Last night he mocked Tennessee RB Kamar to the Packers in the 1st round... I wouldn't like that pick in the 2nd round.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »

I'm not liking Mayock.

Last night he mocked Tennessee RB Kamar to the Packers in the 1st round... I wouldn't like that pick in the 2nd round.

I don't see it in Kamara either.  Wasn't even the starter until Jalen Hurd left the team.  I wouldn't care for Kamara in the first either.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 05:29:19 PM »
Give me a break.......
Turned on NFL Network and they've got some "pre-Oscar-like" red carpet thing going on.
Somebody asks "What are you wearing?" and I'll throw a shoe at the TV!

Agree, it's football for crying out loud.  I'd walk the red carpet in dirty jeans, a T shirt, a 6 pack and my dog.  This is getting cheezy, but the players moms are certainly soaking it up.  Lol.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 05:45:29 PM by The GM »

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 05:30:05 PM »
Physically, Kamara is similar to Monty. I want someone to compliment him.

I like Jackson or Michael for the 3rd back, so I want a bruiser to take Eddie's spot.

Survey says- Perine or Foreman in the 3rd round.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2017&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

Offline SSGCujo

• All Pro
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 05:40:51 PM »
 I think the pick will be TJ Watt or a CB. Kamara is not a 1st round pick. I think the RB that TT drafts will be a hammer, in the 3rd or 4th round.