November 18, 2017, 06:01:40 AM

Author Topic: PFT Mock  (Read 605 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
PFT Mock
« on: April 26, 2017, 03:17:48 PM »
Interesting.....the RB's dont go as early or to the same teams as many/most other MD's have it....but the GBP's are still picking an LB - just not the "consensus" one - or at least, this is the first MD I've seen where we nab this guy @ 29:

Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt

Even though Green Bay may not go the linebacking route, I love Cunningham’s fit for the middle of their defense. He attacks blockers in the run game and usually finds his way to the ball carrier as his 56 solo run stops led all Power-5 linebackers in 2016. Cunningham also brings range and athleticism in coverage, with his only major question mark being his tackling as he’s missed 34 attempts over the last two seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-mock-draft-7-0-trubisky-watson-mahomes-all-top-12/?utm_content=buffer33560&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: PFT Mock
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 03:24:27 PM »
Zach Cunningham has the height, the range, he has the long arms, the athleticism and looseness you want to see. He has potential to be a special rusher.

What he needs is another 20lb. At 254 he could be a top OLB. He has a frame that could easily add weight, but 20lb is a lot. Like him lots.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
There is some thought out there that they can live with Perry and Matthews outside and could really improve the defense with a stud inside LB as compared with an edge rush type in the 1st round.
Not so much Cunningham as Davis from Florida.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:35:04 PM »
Davis is my favourite player for pick 29. He tends to play inside more (Cunningham outside more), but both have the tools to play in and out, with some more weight on them.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 04:42:46 PM »
I'd prefer Cunningham (or Davis) at ILB, so CM3 can focus on OLB.

But Ted would still need to draft 2 more OLB for the depth needed at that spot.

1st - Cunningham/Davis

2nd - Best CB available

3rd - Derek Rivers/OLB (to back up CM3)  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/derek-rivers?id=2558040

7th - Hunter Dimick/OLB (to back up Perry) http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/hunter-dimick?id=2558102
 (Dimick ran a 4.69 at his pro day, put up 38 reps on bench, ran 7.17 3-cone, and a 4.13 20 yd shuttle)