November 18, 2017, 06:03:27 AM

Author Topic: My mock or wish list  (Read 577 times)

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
My mock or wish list
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »
I am trying to box some folks into each of the current rounds we have and have selected a few candidates that I have watched or seen play on numerous occasions.  Here we go:

RD 1

Jordan Willis DE Kansas State
TJ Watt LB WI
Davis LB Florida
Lamp G W. KY

Rd. 2

Wilson, CB Florida
Jones CB Wash
Feeney G
Mixon RB

Rd. 3

D. King CB/S Iowa
Hendrickson DE, Fl Atlantic
Anderson DE/LB Alabama
Williams DE/LB Alabama

Rd. 4

Evans S A&M
Connor RB Pitt
Hansen WR CAL
Anzalone LB LSU

Rd. 5 A

Tomlinson DT Alabama
Cannon WR BAylor
Langley CB Lamar
Biegel LB WIS

Rd. 5B

Leamon OT South Carolina State
Wilson CB Houston
Kazee CB San Diego State
Sprinkle TE, ARK

Rd 6.

Galladay WR NIU
Williams RB BYU
Walker LB NW
Beckwith LB LSU

Rd.7

Kelly QB MIS State
Rusell QB  Baylor
Glasgow DT Mich.

A quick few words, heavy emphasis on defense, particularly with some Alabama guys.  Plenty of CB's in each round.  Both my 7th rd QB's could start for a few NFL teams now.  Russell is another Lynn Dickey (If you're a millenial, you have noe clue who is Lynn Dickey is).  Kelly needs some maturing.  Hansen at WR could be another Jordy Nelson in the making. 

Anyone look at our schedule for the first six games?  We need alot of defensive help.  I'm real high on Desmond King and think he is the steal of the draft!!!  Most of you know my rants about our LB's, especially our slow ass MLB's!!  That position has got to be upgraded significantly and this is the draft to do it!!!!!! Cannon from Baylor is way too much like Donald Driver!  I like jones from Washington in Rd 2.  He might be ready to go this season.

My picks Rd 1 Willis or Davis, Rd 2 Jones CB, Rd 3 D. King, Rd 4 Hansen, Rd 5A, Tomlinson, Rd 5B Sprinkle Rd 6., Williams RB, Rd 7 Russell

Offline DWhitehurst

• HOF Member
Re: My mock or wish list
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »
Excellent players all the way through!!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: My mock or wish list
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:05:33 PM »
Nice approach to setting up a mock.  List of possible players in each round.  Increases the odds that at least a few guys TT selects might show up here.  Preparing myself for the inevitable who?  what?  why?  that I go through every single year.  Then we listen to the interviews and study the new guys.  After which we look to see what grades they gave to the Packers draft.  Rinse and repeat.  All that being said love the draft it's like Christmas.  Always get my hopes up but then realize at least half of TT's picks won't pan out.  No way of knowing either until a few years have past.  Only then can we really look back and assign a grade.  Just hope we can get a few guys who can have some kind of impact as rookies.  Hard to do...