September 24, 2017, 11:28:39 PM

Author Topic: Saturday - Day 3 Discussion  (Read 10464 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
Saturday - Day 3 Discussion
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
Final 2017 Draft Day
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Re: Saturday - Day 3 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:41:26 PM »
Do we go Perine?

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:26:31 AM »
Maybe they take a shot at Carl Lawson.  He slipped through the cracks.  Another Auburn guy. 

Offline packdaddy

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 12:29:42 AM »
I'm hoping Perine, Lawson, or Biegel at 4a, then a guard at 4b.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 12:46:19 AM »
Do we go Perine?

Ladainian Tomlinson sure likes him.  Really think it's going to be one of those 2 guys.  Lawson or Perine.  My personal opinion is pass rusher is a higher priority also Lawson is the higher rated prospect.  He has had some injuries but was healthy all of last year.  Reminds me of Mike Neal.  So hard to guess what the Great White Buffalo will do.  Almost impossible to predict.   

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 01:11:33 AM »
Here’s a list, compiled by “Lombardi Avenue,” of guys they think are “best of the rest:”

https://lombardiave.com/2017/04/28/2017-nfl-draft-best-players-available-day-3/

I’d like to see a bad a$$ like Isaac Asiata added to the mix at O-Line. They need somebody to replace TJ’s enforcer attitude as well as his snaps. Another “Packer People” young man, but one who may be best suited for a power running game.

They could take HomeBoy Beigel, maybe Perine, possibly even Dorian Johnson, a guard who I think is too light in the pants to help much this year. But he could be a good player a year out. But I’m just tossing out names. No telling what Thompson’s thinking behind that poker face.

Rock On!

Offline Bubba

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 03:31:38 AM »
ESPN currently has Josh Dobbs as BPA.  I wonder if we're able to move our next pick to someone still desperate for a QB.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 04:33:48 AM »
Still on the board.

RB Bottom of the third to top of the fourth round is a sweet spot for RBs. Perine and Mack are both there, and there are more behind them like Gallman, Jamaal Williams, J.McNichols. Some like Joe Williams as well, but that's about all there are, that are likely to see significant action in 2017.

OG One of my favourite guards in the draft is there. Isaac Asiata

Edge Carl Lawson is still there. I did expect him to drop to the 90's due to several injuries, but he is looking like better value in the 4th. Barring the injury stuff, he should have gone at about pick 35-40.

WR Chad Hansen is a solid player. Nice size, enough speed, solid effort blocking, crafty, strong runner when jammed, has the mindset to succeed. Very much a TT player.

QB I don't expect the Packers to go there, but Peterman looks like a steal here. I said ages back I thought he would turn out the best QB in this draft......not spectacular, but a solid guy who could keep a franchise afloat.

So who is the pick ? I have difficulty seeing past a RB...........I'll go with Perine. There are enough guys I like here that a small trade down (4-5 spots) would be ok. Some posters have speculated about Biegel. He just might be in play with the Packers second 4th round pick at #134, though I'd say he was gone by then. At #108, I think there is better value elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:54:42 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline pacman5252

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 06:30:26 AM »
Lawson, Perine, or D Johnson. I kind of get the feeling we are going to blow off RB in the draft. Maybe take a flyer on Charles

Offline gbnd4life

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 06:48:23 AM »
This first pick in the 4th better be Samaje Perine!!!! Just saying!!! TT buddy you said that you a.k.a The Packers defiantly need a RB. Now you let Mixon, Kamara, Cook, Foreman, Connor go!!! So now NOW NOW get a RB Please!!! I like Samaje Perine and Elijah Hood or even the guy from Boise State!!!

Offline Skinny

• All Pro
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 07:36:44 AM »
Biegel and Perine.

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 07:50:07 AM »
Eye In The Sky‏ @The_Green_Gold  11m11 minutes ago
More
 Damontae Kazee, Pita Taumoepenu, Bucky Hodges, Jack Tocho, Brian Allen, T.J. Logan, Jayon Brown. Remaining impact players #Packers

I'd throw Des King and Carl Lawson into that mix.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 07:55:08 AM »
I'd like to see Lawson here.  If nothing else, he's a rotational player that can hold up better vs. the run than Fackrell and Elliot while not giving up much to them (if anything) in pass rush ability. 

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Well-built with good muscular definition. Strong upper body. Has crisp, sharp hands. Able to strike and release to shed tight ends quickly. Aggressive setting edge and works with maxed-out arm extension after punch. Fights through down blocks from tight ends and receivers to string outside runs to the sideline. Could play standing up or with a hand on the ground. Has NFL power and aggressiveness. Explosive get-off with some heat in his feet over first two steps upfield. Good forward lean into his rush. Slaps and chops at tackle's punch to soften the edge. Takes tight, linear track to quarterback with big close-out burst once he turns the corner. Experience rushing from interior-line spot and stand-up inside backer. Finesse tackles will struggle to handle his speed-to-power bursts.
- nfl.com
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:57:26 AM by cheech »
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 07:56:10 AM »
People who think there is only one choice "And they'd better get that player" make me laugh. There are a number of good choices available and anyone who thinks Ted drafts by working his way down a shopping list of needs (drafting the most acute need first and working down from there), should note the 2nd and 3rd picks of this draft, safety and DT/DE. They were not the most serious needs - what they almost certainly WERE, was the best guys on the Packers board, because while Ted is not an absolute BPA drafter, he shades that way. He is not (and has never been) a committed shopping-list drafter.

DE(OLB) Lawson, WR Hansen, OG Asiata, RB Mack, QB Peterman, all look like good value with the 108th pick. Perine does, as well, but he is not the only possibility. Sometimes it seems like some posters get too locked in to a certain player - Leader with Mixon, cpk with Watt, gbnd4life with Perine, to name some.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 08:04:02 AM »
I like Brian Hill better than Perine; Isidora gets the nod at guard.   My guy Golladay went yesterday so my next choice is Robert Davis @ WR.

All of these are fairly conventional choices- until now.

Lawson has had two many injuries- Biegel is o.k but the pass rusher I want is Samson Ebukam from Eastern Washington.
Consider how fast the first two picks were.  TT said this is not your grandfather's NFL- Or in my case- my case my father's  NFL.  It's all about explosiveness, speed

Samson has that.  He came from Nigeria when he was 9 and played soccer to start.  But he too physical for the soccer field so he ended up playing football.   Only got two scholarship offers.

While he put up some impressive numbers in college he didn't get invited to the Combine- But he wowed scouts at the pro day much like Brice did last year.  He is 6-2 250 but ran a 4.45 40-  That's better than a lot of skilled players on the team

He is very raw but in addition to his explosiveness he is intelligent and works very hard . He'll stand out on special teams and you spot him in passing situations until he refines his game.