November 22, 2017, 06:37:31 AM

Author Topic: Down with Nancy and Debbie!  (Read 1128 times)

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
Down with Nancy and Debbie!
« on: April 29, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »
In the spirit of debates I concede I am not always right, but others do have the right to point out flaws in your argument, opinion, line of thinking...  or mine whatever. I realize while this may not go over well and we may both become angered it should not affect our ability to converse with one another. I always try my best to avoid animosity towards contributors here and keep it productive but some people make it very difficult. After forgetting why I have some people on ignore I am reminded very quickly of why, which is unfortunate. There is no need to be overly negative or critical of any player or coach. If you don't like said player or coach, in my mind, you better have a valid option to replace them. As far as draft picks go? You better have a player on deck and ready to go. We're not smarter than any team. Any decent amateur draft analyst's board probably consists of maybe 300 players, half of which they've plagiarized off other sites.

Check the ego and remember you're a fan. We're supposed to ENJOY this game and support our team. Not grovel over would be draft picks and firing coaches.

I have two idiots who work for me that believe the Sun is inside the Earth's atmosphere. Yep! You heard that right. I get calls once or twice a week from their crew leader telling me how idiotic they are and the things they say. Yells at me for sticking them with him, but that's the way it works sometimes. Point being... there are a lot dumber people out there in this world. Now I could educate them about the speed of light and how it takes like 8 minutes and 20 seconds for the light of the Sun to reach Earth. You know, write it down on a pizza box and take them through it step by step, but that would offend them and they'd look at me like I'm stupid and then I'd smash their stupid smartphones and fire them. I choose not because I know better and how to pick my battles.

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
Re: Down with Nancy and Debbie!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 11:55:24 PM »
Check the ego and remember you're a fan. We're supposed to ENJOY this game and support our team. Not grovel over would be draft picks and firing coaches.

clap) clap) but what if the people who need to read this have you on ignore  hysterical

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
They don't. Aside from my overly dramatic sarcastic comments I like to think most members enjoy my take on things. But then again I don't care.

It's aimed for everyone. Avoiding those types of arguments has really improved the quality of my posts, improved my interactions with other members, and most of all I enjoy the time I do spend here. Truth be told I almost jumped ship a while back.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:31:20 AM »
Makes me think of a woman I use to work with. She was dating a guy and they were taking a driving vacation through the Rocky Mountains. Anyway, he asked her what the white stuff was on the mountain peaks. She said it was snow. He said that was impossible, that the peaks couldn't have snow as they were closer to the sun! hatsoff)