September 25, 2017, 07:19:28 PM

Author Topic: Packers Dangled Hundley on Day 2  (Read 3142 times)

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: Packers Dangled Hundley on Day 2
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 11:57:55 AM »
We'll never know.  Probably a late 3rd to mid 4th.  Not enough to want to move him.  Think Pack would have pulled the trigger had they received a high 3rd rounder.  Just my speculation.  If god forbid Aaron misses a few games and this kid steps up he could fetch quite a bit more.  If the Pack really like the kid why not extend him and keep him as their back up.  it is always dangerous as we have learned not to have a reliable quality back up QB on the roster.  It costs money but it's a good insurance policy.  Guess next year is the year of the QB so we might not get the value we are seeking then either.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 12:03:48 PM »
It might pay to extend him even for a year or two.  Not sure if that works for him, Im sure he'll want to play somewhere.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 12:09:25 PM »
Makes sense. Fair chance somebody contacting them about swapping out of #33 were looking for one of the college QB's.
Dont know that - but if - it would make sense for GB to ask "what would you give me for Hundley?" - or listen to offers for him.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 06:44:17 PM »
Man, I'm glad nobody took that deal.  I just don't like the idea of having only Callahan behind AR.  I think we should keep Hundley and showcase him this summer.  Then during the next draft make this deal and get a good backup QB.  From what I understand 2018 will be a much better year for QBs than this year was.

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:05:15 PM »
It might pay to extend him even for a year or two.  Not sure if that works for him, Im sure he'll want to play somewhere.

This is what I think as well, except I really doubt he would sign with us again UNLESS he didn't receive much of an offer on the open market. Essentially the same thing you said but I just have a feeling he's gone soon, either through trade or free agency after his rookie deal is up. Might as well get what they can for him before that happens.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »

Mike Glennon just got 18 million as a free agent. Hundley's agent would be hung and quartered if he allowed Hundley to extend. Not unless he was getting quality starter money.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
That is assuming any team would pay Hundley starter money.   He'd have to prove himself first.  Too early to say he'd have to test the FA market and see what kind of offers he received before the Packers would be able to sign him back.  At least one would think.  There is no guarantee any team would give him a starting gig as it stands now.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
That is assuming any team would pay Hundley starter money.   He'd have to prove himself first.  Too early to say he'd have to test the FA market and see what kind of offers he received before the Packers would be able to sign him back.  At least one would think.  There is no guarantee any team would give him a starting gig as it stands now.

clap)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 12:35:11 AM »

He wont get starter money, but a decent raise, and a chance to compete for a job will likely do it.  Hes sitting behind Rodgers who isnt going anywhere for a couple of years at least.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 11:49:06 AM »

He wont get starter money, but a decent raise, and a chance to compete for a job will likely do it.  Hes sitting behind Rodgers who isnt going anywhere for a couple of years at least.

I pray it is more than a couple of years.   ;)

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »

If Brock Osweiler or Matt Flynn got starter money It wouldn't put it past any team to pay Hundley low end starter money when he's an UFA.  Heck, Chicago just signed Mike Glennon to a 3 year 45 million dollar contract.  Brian Hoyer is making 6 Million a year on a 2 year deal.  Assuming Hundley has a quality preseason, I don't think he'll have any issue finding a low end starting or high end back up contract. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 02:50:54 PM »
The biggest question isn't putting him out there for trade bait.....it's who did TT want between his first pick second pick in the round?
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 02:56:22 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:59:40 PM by Pugger »

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »

If Brock Osweiler or Matt Flynn got starter money It wouldn't put it past any team to pay Hundley low end starter money when he's an UFA.  Heck, Chicago just signed Mike Glennon to a 3 year 45 million dollar contract.  Brian Hoyer is making 6 Million a year on a 2 year deal.  Assuming Hundley has a quality preseason, I don't think he'll have any issue finding a low end starting or high end back up contract.

Those other guys had regular season starting experience.  Hundley does not.  Right now complete unknown and preseason doesn't count for squat.  Just saying.  Why right now he had no trade value.  High end back up contract maybe.  But if he does that why not with the Pack?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:03:15 PM by scoremore »