September 25, 2017, 07:09:38 PM

Author Topic: National Anthem Protests  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Re: National Anthem Protests
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 03:26:52 PM »
I don't really know if the sole reason would be the protest. I'm sure in some ways the viewership is down. I think this was just a lousy study

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
National anthem protest is a disgrace.  Yes it turned me off.  I am a die hard football fan and this along with the coverage of it caused me to watch less games than I usually do.  Not the Packers of course would never miss a game but football in general yes it bothers me.  The other reason is all the stupid rule changes.  Enough already.  Leave the game alone and quit changing the rules all the time.  Player safety that's ok but the rest of it leave it alone. 

Online iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 12:22:32 AM »
I personally think protesting during the anthem is a mistake, but what bothers me more are all the commentators on TV saying that no one has a right to have a problem with it.  I've heard so many say that if you are not on board with the protests, then you some sort of hate monger. 

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 12:58:19 AM »
I personally think protesting during the anthem is a mistake, but what bothers me more are all the commentators on TV saying that no one has a right to have a problem with it.  I've heard so many say that if you are not on board with the protests, then you some sort of hate monger.

Amen!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 09:56:49 AM »
Their message gets lost when they kneel, they become the story, not their cause.  Kaepernick is known for kneeling, more than what hes kneeling for, and his actions arent changing anything in society.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:57:56 AM by The GM »

Online iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »
Their message gets lost when they kneel, they become the story, not their cause.
That's one reason why I think it is a mistake.  The people who are offended get angry about it, and you just end up with a bunch of people angry with each other.  It doesn't help the core of the problem.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »
Their message gets lost when they kneel, they become the story, not their cause.
That's one reason why I think it is a mistake.  The people who are offended get angry about it, and you just end up with a bunch of people angry with each other.  It doesn't help the core of the problem.

It's akin to pulling down confederate  war statues that have been there over 100years. It solves nothing, it doesn't create jobs, give anyone health care, nothing waste of time. twocents)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »
Okay. This threads done. Football season's upon us.