September 23, 2017, 02:49:22 PM

Author Topic: The Official Green Bay Packers @ Washington Redskins Pre-season Game Day Thread  (Read 2360 times)

Offline heikks86

• Second String
Hill is looking good, but he turns 27 later this month and with his injury history and him tucking and running so much I don't know if he's worth stashing on the ps and developing him

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
I'm actually pleasantly surprised with our backup QB's.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Yep, 2 x QBs, almost for sure, I think.

So many other places on the team where you could usefully keep an extra guy, I don't see three QBs. QB3 is just extra weight until you lose QB1, and he still isn't worth much until QB2 goes down, then you just hope he can can do something, anything.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online golfman

• HOF Member
Hill is looking good, but he turns 27 later this month and with his injury history and him tucking and running so much I don't know if he's worth stashing on the ps and developing him

Kurt Warner didn't get his shot until he was 28, but I"m with you on the age thing.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
I'm liking Vogel.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Vogel. I wouldn't say he had the greatest night, but there is something about him - and its early days.

Will be watching the Packers depth chart to see if Hill vaults over Callahan
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:44:19 PM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

Online golfman

• HOF Member
I'm liking Vogel.

I agree but he did struggle with hangtime a bit tonight.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member

Kurt Warner didn't get his shot until he was 28, but I"m with you on the age thing.

I dont care about the age. I want competence.
AR's gonna play till he drops - so if we're gonna ditch Hundley after this season - we want somebody back there that can get it done - NOW - in case of emergency.

Offline heikks86

• Second String

Warner at least had the ability to throw the ball and didn't have the injury history like Hill. In college Hill was basically a rb playing an. It's nice to see him have a good pre-season but I'm not expecting him to be a starting qb anytime in the future

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
Vogel tonight...

NO   AVG   I20   LG
7      44      2     60

OK in my book.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
Two plays in a row Gilbert beat that guy around the edge. Just didn't quite get home the last time. Should have him set up for a bull rush now.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Gilbert turns Sudfeld into ground meat........Gilbert burger time !

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • PackerChatters.com
Final 21-17 Packers.

Thanks for joining us and we'll see you back here next Saturday whern the Packers travel to Denver to play the Broncos.