September 23, 2017, 03:08:03 PM

Author Topic: Mike McCarthy Gives Players Lesson on National Anthem  (Read 1212 times)

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Mike McCarthy Gives Players Lesson on National Anthem
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 05:03:03 AM »
In England (and most of Europe) they only play the national anthem at international games. That just seems a more natural choice to me.

(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:48 AM »
In England (and most of Europe) they only play the national anthem at international games. That just seems a more natural choice to me.

Exactly. I was at the Rockies / Brewers game Sunday and it really seemed excessive. Stand for the military entrance, stand for the national anthem, stand for a trumpet rendition of god bless America between one of the innings. I felt like I was at mass lol. Probably getting off topic a bit though......

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »
Let them have their stupid protests! They have the right of free speech.  IMHO, It is stupid to protest this country when you're making millions playing a kids game! They act like a bunch of spoiled brats.

But aside from that, the problem as I see it is all of the attention they are getting, If the networks would stop showing this crap and everyone would ignore it, I feel it would go away of it's own accord. twocents) twocents) twocents)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:39:12 PM by Bignutz »