November 24, 2017, 06:45:09 AM

Author Topic: The Official Green Bay Packers @ Denver Broncos Pre-season Game Day Thread  (Read 2696 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?

Saturday August 26, 2017

8:00pm Central

@ Denver Broncos

Sports Authority Field at Mile High

Packers TV Network

Radio: Packers Radio Network
Sirius XM,
Telemundo Wisconsin
Internet: Listen Live on 620 WTMJ

Click for complete 2017 Packers schedule

NOTE: Forum will open on Game Day
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 05:57:22 PM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
The number one thing that i'm hoping for from tonights game is that they come out of Denver without any kind of major injury. Their were some tough injuries to good players in last nights games. Fingers crossed.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Follow
More
Update: Julian Edelman's MRI is Saturday, not Sunday. Patriots suspect ACL, but tests to determine.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
He isn't a Packer, but I will be curious how Jamaal Charles does for the Broncos tonight.  He supposedly will get a lot of snaps as a chance to define his status.

Other than that, I will be interested to see the progress of the secondary, and the progress of the running game for the Packers.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
QBs, keep on showing us good stuff:
Hundley, Hill

Stacking success for other position groups: (In no particular order)
Marwin Evans, Kenny Clark, Christian Ringo, Devante Mays, Jamaal Williams, Max McCaffrey, Lucas Patrick, Thomas Evans, Geoff Gray, Jeff Janis, Christian Ringo, Josh Hawkins, Quinten Rollins.

Need to step up:
You know who they are. The Turk is waiting !
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
Iím curious to see if these young running backs can move the chains tonight, and if the O-Line can open some holes for them against an aggressive defense. Get the RIP or Kerridge and the TEs involved in carving out some running room for the RBs. It would be neat to have a running back, rather than a quarterback, lead the team in rushing yards tonight!

Iím thinking about the punt returner as well, and missing Micah Hyde a bit. Water over the dam I know, but that guy has some sure hands, and also scored some touchdowns on punt returns.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:30:55 PM by JQ »

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
QBs, keep on showing us good stuff:
Hundley, Hill

Stacking success for other position groups: (In no particular order)
Marwin Evans, Kenny Clark, Christian Ringo, Devante Mays, Jamaal Williams, Max McCaffrey, Lucas Patrick, Thomas Evans, Geoff Gray, Jeff Janis, Christian Ringo, Josh Hawkins, Quinten Rollins.

Need to step up:
You know who they are. The Turk is waiting !

Great post.  Great list.  I'd add the 2nd and 3rd string OLB as a group that I'll be watching closely.

On a different note, anyone know if Dupre will play tonight?   
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
By the way, the game is at 8pm central, not 6pm.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Loving Kenny Clark so far this year. I can see him really breaking out this season.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
For anybody not seeing / recording the game live, NFL Network's showing it at 10AM EDT Sunday morning.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
I don't think this is going to be the best game to critique the bottom of the roster guys. I just don't think they are going to get as much playing time in this one. I think next week is going to be when the last 5-8 roster spots will play themself out.

I'm sure this isn't a news flash, but thought I'd toss this out there. Having said that, McCarthy had better by chipping Von Miller who will be lining up over either Murphy or Spriggs. If not, Rodgers might get killed. Rodgers better get the ball out of his hands real quick tonight as well.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member

that means it starts at 2am for me.  :(

Well, maybe I will wake up then and have enough get-up-and-go to actually get up out of bed and listen in. We will see.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Weirdly excited for punt returns.

Also looking forward to watching Murphy/Spriggs, and seeing basically everyone on defense.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?

6pm out here in the Pacific Time Zone.... popcorn)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member

that means it starts at 2am for me.  :(

Well, maybe I will wake up then and have enough get-up-and-go to actually get up out of bed and listen in. We will see.

Worse than me..  10pm for me... will be up until 1am at a minimum.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member

6pm out here in the Pacific Time Zone.... popcorn)
True but your post lists 6pm Central.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith