November 20, 2017, 01:35:33 AM

Author Topic: Mayweather v. McGregor  (Read 374 times)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Mayweather v. McGregor
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:35:26 PM »
Anybody going to watch this fiasco? For what it's worth I hope Mayweather knocks the sh*t our of that punk! A first to second round, stone-cold knock out would be great.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
Re: Mayweather v. McGregor
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:42:55 PM »
I'm not going to watch it, because I'm not going to pay for it.  But I've been looking forward to seeing the results all day.  Now there's a delay because they broke the pay per view systems.  So it's just a question of whether they get the fight off before I decide to go to bed.  I want Mayweather to win because, well a couple of reasons, but Skip Bayless predicting a McGregor win is reason enough for me.  I'm sure even if Mayweather knocks him out, Skip will find some reason to claim McGregor won.

By the way, can't watch the Packer game yet because they won't show it here until tomorrow's NFL Network rerun.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 03:54:33 PM »
Mayweather won by TKO in the 10th round. McGregor never had to go that long in his MMA career and it showed. He was absolutely out of gas.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 10:20:19 PM »
Mayweather won by TKO in the 10th round. McGregor never had to go that long in his MMA career and it showed. He was absolutely out of gas.
And that's why conditioning is so important in boxing.  Mayweather's plan all along, no doubt.  I wonder if Paulie Malignaggli let the Mayweather camp know that McGregor wouldn't be able to hold up.  All is right with the world.

I suppose tomorrow Bayless will try to argue that the referee shouldn't have stopped the fight   ::)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 02:44:45 PM »
Where did McGregor get those boxing shorts?  Looks like they came from a 1980s Liberace garage sale.  Hideous!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:46:57 PM by The GM »

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »
Where did McGregor get those boxing shorts?  Looks like they came from a 1980s Liberace garage sale.  Hideous!!!!!!
Can't be too hard on him, he can't spend too much on ring attire.  The man's got to turn a profit.

Aaaaaaand Skip Bayless was completely predictable, claiming McGregor got robbed by the referee pulling the competitors apart in the beginning of the ninth round.  He seemed to think that a knockout of Mayweather was imminent, and that McGregor was leading five rounds to three at the time.  All complete fiction, of course. 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 06:20:58 PM »
Why do people even mention that clown or feed into his sensationalized BS? This guy is a joke!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:22:52 PM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "