November 22, 2017, 06:51:13 AM

Author Topic: Mitch Trubisky: The Bears QB?  (Read 618 times)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Mitch Trubisky: The Bears QB?
« on: August 28, 2017, 02:36:52 PM »
I just watched a highlight reel of this guy against the TItans.

IMO, Glennon will not the Bears QB for very long.  Trubisky looks like he can play right now.

The thing that impressed me most about him was how calm he was in the pocket going through his progressions.  The second thing was his accuracy on the long ball. The 46 yard TD pass he threw to Tanner was right on his outstretched hands. And he can run also.

I am not condoning the trade the Bears made for him, which I still think was dumb. And I also do not understand the logic of paying Glennon 16 million if you were going to make that trade.

But from what I can see, Trubisky is going to be a good starting Qb fairly soon.  The kid can play.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:37:49 PM by Gregg »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Mitch Trubisky: The Bears QB?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
He's a Bear! They will ruin him!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »
He's a Bear! They will ruin him!

If they dont, we will.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 10:05:15 PM »
 thumbsup)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 01:55:52 PM »
This is wishful thinking.

If Trubisky turns out as well as I think he can, the Bears will be a quite decent team.  It just depends on how fast he becomes the starter.

They have a good front seven on defense, comparable to the Vikes.  Maybe a bit better.  And their OL is good, especially in the middle.  Two good young RB's.

Their problems are at WR and CB depth.  Which is why the trade up for Trubisky made no sense to me.  They could have filled in those spots with the picks they surrendered.

If Mitch is the real deal, the Bears will be a good team.  I fear them more than the Lions.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 05:53:30 PM »
This is wishful thinking.

If Trubisky turns out as well as I think he can, the Bears will be a quite decent team.  It just depends on how fast he becomes the starter.

They have a good front seven on defense, comparable to the Vikes.  Maybe a bit better.  And their OL is good, especially in the middle.  Two good young RB's.

Their problems are at WR and CB depth.  Which is why the trade up for Trubisky made no sense to me.  They could have filled in those spots with the picks they surrendered.

If Mitch is the real deal, the Bears will be a good team.  I fear them more than the Lions.

The Bears are building a very good team, a year from now they will be in the running for the division title. Trubisky could be special and the extra picks may prove to be well worth spending to insure getting him. Ron Wolf hinted that after the draft.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 08:17:47 PM »
Watched a bit of him.  Trib looks real good.  Maybe it will be time to start hating the Bears again.   We'll see. 

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 03:29:09 AM »

The Bears are building a very good team, a year from now they will be in the running for the division title. Trubisky could be special and the extra picks may prove to be well worth spending to insure getting him. Ron Wolf hinted that after the draft.

How many people complained about the trade up for Clay Matthews, once they'd seen him play all of his first season ?

Your draft pick pans out, it's pats on the back all round, if not, it's daggers in the back.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 02:38:31 PM »
I just watched a highlight reel of this guy against the TItans.

IMO, Glennon will not the Bears QB for very long.  Trubisky looks like he can play right now.
Agreed, I've thought he looks impressive also.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 06:58:35 PM »

Do not think Bears front 7 compares to Vikes... PFF is projecting Bears at in bottom 3rd of league again this year after finishing there last year. They had some injuries last year... but they still have some questions on front 7 as well.  PFF is putting Bears front 7 in bottom 1/3 of league again this year with their projections. Maybe their best defender on front 7 just came off the PUP.. but he has chronic knee problems, so I doubt he plays a full season.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »
Had some injuries last year?

The Bears had nine starters out last year.  The most  in the NFL.  This included both inside linebackers and their nose tackle.