November 20, 2017, 01:35:18 AM

Author Topic: AR Extension?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
AR Extension?
« on: August 29, 2017, 08:45:57 AM »
"Based on production over the past two seasons, Aaron Rodgers now projects to a $30M/yr extension with the Packers"

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/902517239395602432

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: AR Extension?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:20:19 AM »
I expect a 5 year $150m contract, something like $50m guaranteed.

Too bad Aaron is gay. If he married a woman who makes more than him, like Brady did, maybe we could get s discount, like the Pats do.

Maybe he could marry a silicon valley or wall street gay billionaire?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:20:56 AM by marklawrence »
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
I think hes done in GB after this contract is up.   He'll go to the Rams who will gladly give up two draft picks, and about $32-35 million, and very good defense.  He'll play in the best state of the art stadium in the NFL and live in the glitz and glamour of LA.   Thompson will be left holding the bag, saying we offered him $25 million.   I wouldnt be surprised at all if Rodgers got frustrated with this teams perennial bottom feeding defense and just went to the bright lights.  He says he wants to stay in GB, but we'll see.   

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
I think hes done in GB after this contract is up.   He'll go to the Rams who will gladly give up two draft picks, and about $32-35 million, and very good defense.  He'll play in the best state of the art stadium in the NFL and live in the glitz and glamour of LA.   Thompson will be left holding the bag, saying we offered him $25 million.   I wouldnt be surprised at all if Rodgers got frustrated with this teams perennial bottom feeding defense and just went to the bright lights.  He says he wants to stay in GB, but we'll see.
I am confident you are wrong. I mean you are actually going to say with a straight face that he is going to leave a team that goes to the playoffs every year and go to one of the worst teams in the league that late in his career? He has already made the money that makes him set for the rest of his life. He will be looking to win a championship and that ain't happening in LA. 
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »

I don't think this is right, but it's an extremely interesting idea. Aaron clearly does like the glamour and glitz of Hollywood.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »

I don't think this is right, but it's an extremely interesting idea. Aaron clearly does like the glamour and glitz of Hollywood.

Then why is he a resident of WI and votes there?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-ask-vic-extra/article-1/Wisconsin-is-Aaron-Rodgers-home/08e8631b-1114-4312-a385-60cf5af9c3c6

He might be from CA but he grew up in a small town.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »

Then why is he a resident of WI and votes there?

A). I'd wager the WI taxes are a whole bunch lower than the CA taxes?
B). He's a good citizen and respects his civic duty?
C). I couldnt tell ya?  :)

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »
Stafford's contract set him up.

But if you ask me, Stafford's contract was too much.

Detroit had to pay it because they have no one behind him at all.

Online SDProfessor

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »
Rodgers isn't getting close to free agency. In fact, he'll be extended after this season.

Plus, he's spent some time this offseason talking about legacy and wanting to be a Packer for life. Here's just on of many articles on it --> https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-admits-hes-on-the-back-nine-of-my-career-wants-to-retire-a-packer/

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 12:34:16 PM »
I don't know if I like our chances to win another Super Bowl when we're paying one guy $30 million a year, even if that guy's name is Aaron Rodgers.  Unless they raise the salary cap through the roof.  The Lions might have figured out the best way to stop us.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »

Too bad Aaron is gay. If he married a woman who makes more than him, like Brady did, maybe we could get s discount, like the Pats do.

From the guy who wanted to ban me for referring to Mason Crosby as "Mason Crossbar!"

That is just a real piece of crap comment right there Packer fans. I'm disappointed no one had the courage to call this out! 8 replies and no one said a word.  facepalm)

Whatever Rodgers gets he'll be underpaid compared to Stafford!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 01:58:47 PM »
Getting way off topic here, but I dont think Rodgers is gay, nor do I care.  Complaining about it is like complaining about a guy who lives 10 miles in the woods and hes playing his music too loud.  It doesnt effect me.  He's not in my inner circle and likely never will be.  Just throw TDs is all I ask.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:08:45 PM by The GM »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »
Getting way off topic here, but I dont think Rodgers is gay, nor do I care.  Complaining about it is like complaining about a guy who lives 10 miles in the woods and hes playing his music too loud.  It doesnt effect me.  He's not in my inner circle and likely never will be.  Just throw TDs is all I ask.

I agree and could care less about his sexualitY. My point, I cam up with "Crossbar" nickname after Crosby had an uncanny run of hitting the cross bar in one very bad year. I was threatened to be banned, by said poster in question.

Now he comes out and calls our QB gay when he hasn't a clue about his sexuality!

Offline heikks86

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 02:26:56 PM »

From the guy who wanted to ban me for referring to Mason Crosby as "Mason Crossbar!"

That is just a real piece of crap comment right there Packer fans. I'm disappointed no one had the courage to call this out! 8 replies and no one said a word.  facepalm)

Someone did comment on it right away but it looks like post was deleted

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »

Someone did comment on it right away but it looks like post was deleted

Sad!