November 19, 2017, 08:15:48 AM

Author Topic: AR Extension?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
Re: AR Extension?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 02:43:31 PM »
Now he comes out and calls our QB gay when he hasn't a clue about his sexuality!
I'm getting involved against my better judgement, but I took it as a joke.  Of course, I would take "Mason Crossbar" as a joke also.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
Now he comes out and calls our QB gay when he hasn't a clue about his sexuality!
I'm getting involved against my better judgement, but I took it as a joke.  Of course, I would take "Mason Crossbar" as a joke also.

I would agree but it seems there was another post about it and it was deleted. It's really not something to joke about.

As far as Rodgers getting an extension, we have to do it, but make no mistake about it, it will limit our ability to provide quality depth and some starting areas are going to have to be on the cheap.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:49:43 PM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »

I did as well...  but joke of very poor taste.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 03:25:46 PM »
He has spoken many times about his love for Wisconsin, and how it feels like it's his home. He states he grew up here, and it was the first time he lived alone and etc etc etc. He also has to know that if he stays and accomplishes more records and championships he can forever top Favre as the face of the franchise. He will be the new Bart Starr, and that equals way more down the line then running away for maybe one title run. Maybe some will think that doesn't matter, but something tells me captain chip on his shoulder only plays nice for the camera.

I don't think he wants to go anywhere.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »
I expect a 5 year $150m contract, something like $50m guaranteed.

Too bad Aaron is gay. If he married a woman who makes more than him, like Brady did, maybe we could get s discount, like the Pats do.

Maybe he could marry a silicon valley or wall street gay billionaire?

From the guy who wanted to ban me for referring to Mason Crosby as "Mason Crossbar!"

That is just a real piece of crap comment right there Packer fans. I'm disappointed no one had the courage to call this out! 8 replies and no one said a word.  facepalm)

Whatever Rodgers gets he'll be underpaid compared to Stafford!

Someone did comment on it right away but it looks like post was deleted

Sad!

I don't care what his sexual preference is.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:28:50 PM by Toddfather »

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 03:46:30 PM »

It wasn't a joke. It's very widely believed outside of Wisconsin that he's gay, it has been for several years, and that this is the reason he doesn't talk to his parents. Google it. Personally, I don't care who he sleeps with. Except if he can find someone seriously rich.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »

It wasn't a joke. It's very widely believed outside of Wisconsin that he's gay, it has been for several years, and that this is the reason he doesn't talk to his parents. Google it. Personally, I don't care who he sleeps with. Except if he can find someone seriously rich.

My understanding is the fued with his family had a lot to do with Olivia Munn.  Perhaps some damaging things were said, and we know he carries a chip.  Again, I dont think he's gay. JMO.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:58:10 PM by The GM »

Offline SDProfessor

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »

It wasn't a joke. It's very widely believed outside of Wisconsin that he's gay, it has been for several years, and that this is the reason he doesn't talk to his parents.

You mean on Vikings and Bears message boards?

It was reported last year that he doesn't talk to his parents for a variety of reasons that involve Olivia Munn, her best friend (and ex of Jordan Rodgers -- who cheated on her), and his supposed "Hollywood" lifestyle. That's not to mention his family taking the feud public and his little brother exploiting their relationship to gain fame.

I'm not here to call Rodgers a saint. In most likelihood, none of us know him personally. But this is ridiculous to even be coming up in conversation. It has nothing to do with football and nothing to do with Rodgers getting an extension.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »

It wasn't a joke. It's very widely believed outside of Wisconsin that he's gay, it has been for several years, and that this is the reason he doesn't talk to his parents.

You mean on Vikings and Bears message boards?

It was reported last year that he doesn't talk to his parents for a variety of reasons that involve Olivia Munn, her best friend (and ex of Jordan Rodgers -- who cheated on her), and his supposed "Hollywood" lifestyle. That's not to mention his family taking the feud public and his little brother exploiting their relationship to gain fame.

I'm not here to call Rodgers a saint. In most likelihood, none of us know him personally. But this is ridiculous to even be coming up in conversation. It has nothing to do with football and nothing to do with Rodgers getting an extension.

BINGO!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 04:21:32 PM »

Exactly on point. So, why not mention Stafford's sexuality, and his lack of an extremely rich partner? Or Derek Carr? The Brady situation is very unusual, and as far as I know, is unique in sports. The main point bears repeating:

"It {Rodgers' sexual identification} has nothing to do with football and nothing to do with Rodgers getting an extension."
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 04:23:05 PM »
Exactly on point. So, why not mention Stafford's sexuality, and his lack of an extremely rich partner? Or Derek Carr? The Brady situation is very unusual, and as far as I know, is unique in sports. The main point bears repeating:

"It {Rodgers' sexual identification} has nothing to do with football and nothing to do with Rodgers getting an extension."

Thanks.

I'll go back to not posting.

Ricky, you can take over the prediction thread.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »

Thanks.

Mark, I apologize if my post seemed like a personal attack. It was't meant that way. We've all been knocked at one time or another on this board. Though admittedly, you have been pummeled far more viciously and senselessly than anyone else. However, that doesn't mean you're above reasoned criticism when you write something so tone deaf. This is not an issue of being "politically correct", but an issue of relevance. Rodgers' sexuual identity has indeed been questioned by many people. So, if he had a "sugar daddy" he would sign for less, like Brady? Maybe. Maybe not. The real question is, why doesn't he take a hint from Jordy, who signed for less than he could have, saying he had more than enough money to carry him through the rest of his live- and, if carefully handled, for generations to come.

Now, time to stop bashing a wrongheaded post, and get back to the real topic- QB pay rates in future contracts. Just found this at PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/29/with-matthew-stafford-paid-whos-next/

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:57:18 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline OnaBadger58

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 05:17:15 PM »

Thanks.

What a joke. You post saying that Rodgers is gay knowing exactly what the response it going to be, yet you crawl into the fetal position and try to make people feel bad for you. What did you expect?

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 05:24:58 PM »
I took it as a joke and the water ran right off my back. I've no clue what AR's up to, but if he's Gay and gets to spend serious time with Ms. Munn - think I might give it a try! Never considered it - HA!

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 05:42:29 PM »
Fyi, Rodgers and Munn are no longer an item.  Last I heard he was with some soccer chick.  Unconfirmed.