September 23, 2017, 03:11:13 PM

Author Topic: Seahawks Moves  (Read 618 times)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Seahawks Moves
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:23:38 PM »
Both the Hawks trades are bad for us.

First, Richardson will do much better in Seattle because its mainly a 4-3 defense.  The guy can get inside pressure.  Let us keep our fingers crossed next week.

Second, the trade of Brock to the Vikes for next to nothing is a real jab to the face.  Brock will either start opposite Rhodes, or he will be their nickel back.  This means they will now have four guys back there who could start, if you add in Newman and Waynes.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Seahawks Moves
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 09:45:38 PM »
Here's an early response to the Richardson signing. Doesn't sound good for the opener. But at the end of the article they suggest how this defense could be beaten. Short passes out of the backfield and TE's or slot receiver, and "up tempo" which is a Packers staple should be a good test as to whether it'll be the "irresistable force"or the "immovable object" that will falter.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/corys-corner-seattle-is-best-nfc-team-558
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 08:22:07 AM »
Seattle fans think that they may have one of the top defenses ever this year.  8 of 11 starters have been to the pro bowl, and there is some young talent in the other 3.

There are some questions though.   It looked like Thomas was coming back a bit slow from his injury and may not have the same incredible range that he had before, and Avril and Bennett are another year older.

Richardson is an interesting signing for this year, and I have to assume that Pete Carrol will be able to get into his head and get him "all in" to win this year.  Will they be able to extend him or sign him at the end of the season when his contract is up?  Time will tell.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 10:04:38 AM »
They added Richardson but IMO they should have addressed the other line instead.   Its a good thing for them Wilson is mobile because he might be running for his life quite a bit this year.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 08:26:18 PM »
Well, if defense wins championships, then the Seahawks, at least on paper, look like champions. But then again, the games aren't played on paper. Besides, the championship has all but been conceded to the Patriots by the sports talk media.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »
Wow, two months ago everybody was talking about what a shambles the Seahawks locker room was.  Now people are saying how great their defense is and calling them champions.  What a difference a little time can make. 

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Richard Sherman is still mouthing off.  He had some things to say about some of their cuts, mainly WR Kasen Williams, who was cut.   I have to agree with Sherman, Williams was having a good camp, and cutting him is a head scratcher.  Reports are saying he may have injured himself in the last game, but  his getting cut certainly has raised some eyebrows.   Apparently Sherman is among them.