November 24, 2017, 06:43:00 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Seahawks v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 5971 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Seahawks v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: September 04, 2017, 12:40:48 PM »
Finally, it's time for a real game. It'll apparently be the "immovable" Seattle defense against the "irresistable force" of the Packers offense kick off the 2017 season. Lots of things to consider: the running games for each team; how well the defense of the Packers will stand up; the OL questions for both teams; the questions will be asked and, hopefully, answered in a way that shows the Packers are indeed a team of destiny this year. A fast start and a strong finish, with a good showing in between should be enough to propel them to the SB. We'll see. Expect a tight game, with a FG quite possibly being the difference in the game.

To the mods, I went to the "2017 Game Day Threads" but found 2016 to be the latest possible date. Hopefully this won't cause a problem. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Seahawks v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »
Ricky posting in the Green Bay Packers News Talk is where we need it like previous years and we'll take care of moving after the game.

Thanks.

clap) hatsoff)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 01:22:32 PM »
As usual the Game Day Forum will open up on Game Day.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »
Sorry for the delay....we are camping with limited Internet.

Bring home a W!!!!!

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »
I don't think we have it on here with the Irma coverage, but good luck to the Packers today! Cheer for me boys!  cheese) thumbsup)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 10:06:16 AM »
Because the 49ers game is in the same time period and TV network as the Packers (2nd games of the day) we get the 49ers/Panthers out here in NV.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »
Seahawks have their own injuries to deal with.

Looks like Wilhoite (LB) won't play (calf-Doubtful) DNP-Fri
Richard Sherman - Questionable (thigh) DNP-Fri
Jarran Reed - Questionable (shoulder) DNP-Fri

Delano Hil - Questionable (shoulder) LP-Fri

Tyler Lockett - Questionable (knee) FP-Fri
Thomas Rawls - Questionable (ankle) FP-Fri
Frank Clark - Questionable (wrist) FP-Fri
Michael Bennett - N/A DNP-Fri
Nick Vannett - Questionable (concussion) N/A-Fri
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:26:48 AM by dannobanano »

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »
I wish I hadn't decided to read Twitter. Bulaga news has everyone crying in their beer. Pathetic.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »
I wish I hadn't decided to read Twitter. Bulaga news has everyone crying in their beer. Pathetic.

The real question is how much this will affect the offense. Will the Packers have to keep a TE near the RT for help? Will the Packers have their RB "chip" a DL man before going out for a pass? Will AR be harassed? Or will we be pleasantly surprised, and find that the replacement does a good job, similar to Bakhtiari and Taylor and Linsley? We'll find out. And hopefully a few plays won't have people throwing the entire season out the window. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 01:27:50 PM »
If Bulaga doesn't play, it may impact the offense, but it is just one guy. Over a season, teams have to get used to losing guys and 'make and mend'. In the past, the Packers have lost more key guys by game 1, than this year.  It's just a little air turbulence, and the first flight of the year is always a nervy affair.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »

Kepler, pay no attention to the mental midgets. If Bulaga is a no go it will make no difference, they will run the offense the same as always. The Seahawk players also get paid to play and they also will win their share of downs, in the end this game will come down to a handful of plays. The question is will the Packers make one more than Seattle? That is why we watch. Not even a little worried about the RT spot and doubt the guys in that lockerroom are either. Should be an awesome game today. Go Pack Go!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
Packers inactives

Green Bay Packers
28 CB Josh Hawkins
33 RB Aaron Jones
41 CB Lenzy Pipkins
62 G Lucas Patrick
75 T Bryan Bulaga
90 DT Montravius Adams
91 DT Quinton Dial

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 02:01:42 PM »

Kepler, pay no attention to the mental midgets. If Bulaga is a no go it will make no difference, they will run the offense the same as always. The Seahawk players also get paid to play and they also will win their share of downs, in the end this game will come down to a handful of plays. The question is will the Packers make one more than Seattle? That is why we watch. Not even a little worried about the RT spot and doubt the guys in that lockerroom are either. Should be an awesome game today. Go Pack Go!

First of all calling those who see the obvious concern of losing one of the best right tackles in the game 'mental midgets' is completely uncalled for so stop that crap right now.

Second, if you saw Murphy in the preseason what gives you so much comfort? It can't be the stellar preseason he had so please do explain since you think you're the brightest guy on the board. I'll wait.

By the way, I'm hoping Murphy plays his butt off, but if we leave him along against those DE's he's going to get his lunch handed to him. One guy or not, if he's continually whipped Rodgers is in for a long day and so are the Packers.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »
Packers inactives

Green Bay Packers
28 CB Josh Hawkins
33 RB Aaron Jones
41 CB Lenzy Pipkins
62 G Lucas Patrick
75 T Bryan Bulaga
90 DT Montravius Adams
91 DT Quinton Dial

Probably for the best to hold Bulaga out and make sure his ankle heals up. I'd rather they let it heal up to 100% than risk it further just to play the first game. Kinda surprised by Adams progress. Thought for sure he would have been on IR or PUP

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 02:13:07 PM »
Haven't been on since mid last season. I'm just going to say I am very pleased with what TT did this off-season. I personally think it will pay off. He still had a number of head scratchers, but for the most part, finally used his resources. I think the Pack think aka a few weeks to gel conpletely after winning today's game. I am very interested in this defense. It is either going to finish top 5 or bottom 5. Containing Wilson and slowing their pass game will be a decent first test. Let's get it going.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."