November 18, 2017, 05:56:05 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Seahawks v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 5640 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Seahawks v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »
I wish I hadn't decided to read Twitter. Bulaga news has everyone crying in their beer. Pathetic.

Kepler, pay no attention to the mental midgets. If Bulaga is a no go it will make no difference, they will run the offense the same as always. The Seahawk players also get paid to play and they also will win their share of downs, in the end this game will come down to a handful of plays. The question is will the Packers make one more than Seattle? That is why we watch. Not even a little worried about the RT spot and doubt the guys in that lockerroom are either. Should be an awesome game today. Go Pack Go!

First of all calling those who see the obvious concern of losing one of the best right tackles in the game 'mental midgets' is completely uncalled for so stop that crap right now.

Second, if you saw Murphy in the preseason what gives you so much comfort? It can't be the stellar preseason he had so please do explain since you think you're the brightest guy on the board. I'll wait.

By the way, I'm hoping Murphy plays his butt off, but if we leave him along against those DE's he's going to get his lunch handed to him. One guy or not, if he's continually whipped Rodgers is in for a long day and so are the Packers.

Didn't know that you were interacting with Kepler on twitter or did you just feel the need to be offended about something. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 02:29:58 PM »
  Seattle Seahawks
21 RB J.D. McKissic
33 FS Tedric Thompson
34 RB Thomas Rawls
42 SS Delano Hill
57 LB Michael Wilhoite
64 G Jordan Roos
79 T Isaiah Battle

Starting lineup change: #27 Eddie Lacy will start at running backl for Rawls.

Online Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 02:31:38 PM »
Obviously all the attention is on Murphy right now, and for good reason, but don't forget that Seattle's own offensive line is highly suspect. We better be able to generate a good pass rush.

My prediction: we'll be talking about Trevor Davis after this game. For better or worse.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »
The guy to look out for in the Hawks backfield is Carson.  That guy has a lot of all around ability.

Too bad about BB.  This means they are going to have to tilt the OL his way, or at least use a RB or TE  to chip his guy.

The thing I am worried about is if we get one more injury there today, especially inside.  Sheldon Richardson can be a terror there.

Should be a good game I think.  Of course, I expect AR  to play well.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 03:07:20 PM »
As I said in the other thread, hopefully Murphy shows he belongs in the lineup today.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:07:54 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
As I said in the other thread, hopefully Murphy shows he belongs in the lineup today.

My question is simple. Is this a vote of confidence to Murphy or an indictment on Spriggs who played there some last year over Murphy? I guess we'll see if Murphy holds up we can call it a vote of confidence. I'm afraid it is an indictment of Spriggs and how poorly he played this preseason.

I thought we were going to blow the Hags out, now not so sure. Rodgers needs to get the ball out of his hands quick and we have to run the ball straight at them.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »
Detroit putting it to Arizona. Looks like Carson Palmer stuck around 1 year too long, maybe 2.

Chicago had first and goal at the 5 with a chance to upset ATL. Glennon threw 4 incompletions and Atlanta got the L. Bears defense is pretty good by the way based on how good we think Atlanta's O should be.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:12:58 PM by golfman »

Online Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
Detroit putting it to Arizona. Looks like Carson Palmer stuck around 1 year too long, maybe 2.

Chicago had first and goal at the 5 with a chance to upset ATL. Glennon threw 4 incompletions and Atlanta got the L. Bears defense is pretty good by the way based on how good we think Atlanta's O should be.

Detroit looked pretty bad all day until the fourth quarter. Same story as last year. Of course Arizona has looked even worse.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »

I expect this to be an entertaining and hard-hitting football game, which will be decided by a touchdown or less. If the Packers win the special teams and turnover parts of the game, I believe they’ll prevail.

The return game will be an interesting match-up. Tyler Lockett is back for seattle and if he’s recovered from the broken leg he’s an explosive return man. The sea slugs may also try to shake him loose on a jet sweep type play. On kicks I wouldn’t be surprised if they try some type of trickery, like a reverse or maybe a fake field goals and punts like they’ve done in the past. The Packers need to stay alert for these possibilities and MUST limit explosive plays on kick-offs!

For the Packers, Trevor Davis needs to first secure the football; but he appears to be a guy that can provide the Packer offense with some short field opportunties. In addition, rookie punter and holder Justin Vogel will be tested by a team that will bring the heat on punts and place kicks. He’ll earn his stripes today! I hope he can pick the the sea slugs deep with some punts that will allow the Packer defense to tee off. Look for newly acquired Ahmad Brooks to make his presence known.

With two evenly matched teams, the winner of the turnover battle generally wins the game, and I expect as much today. It would be Terrific to see the Packers get some early takeaways and put the slugs in a hole, like the last game. Over the past few years seattle has consistently showed they’re a team that will unravel on the field AND the sidelines when they get a dose of their own medicine and become the bullied.

I’m taking the Packers by 23-17 in a real slobberknocker!

GO PACKERS!!

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »

My question is simple. Is this a vote of confidence to Murphy or an indictment on Spriggs who played there some last year over Murphy? I guess we'll see if Murphy holds up we can call it a vote of confidence. I'm afraid it is an indictment of Spriggs and how poorly he played this preseason.

I thought we were going to blow the Hags out, now not so sure. Rodgers needs to get the ball out of his hands quick and we have to run the ball straight at them.

Golf, just relax man.  Let the game play out.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 03:27:42 PM »
Nick Perry just said welcome to the NFL to that tackle.

This could be a defensive struggle.

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »
Wow,  Perry! 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 03:29:11 PM »
Holy Crap Nick Perry is unblockable! Great first series.

Online reaper3429

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 03:29:37 PM »
Holy crap defense great start to the season

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 03:30:06 PM »
Davis needs to consider fair catches when it is that close.