September 23, 2017, 03:09:16 PM

Author Topic: Hurricane Irma  (Read 594 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Hurricane Irma
« on: September 04, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »
Based on current tracking, I doubt very much they'll be playing football in Miami on Sunday.

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Active.aspx?storm=1&type=track

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Hurricane Irma
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:16:22 PM »
This storm is headed my way if the forecasts are right.  We will have to decide if we are gonna evacuate or not soon or else it will be very difficult to get north to GA.    :-\

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • PackerChatters.com
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »
Just move...be safe...before Game Day!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 10:51:52 PM »
This storm is headed my way if the forecasts are right.  We will have to decide if we are gonna evacuate or not soon or else it will be very difficult to get north to GA.    :-\

Hi Pugger.....you're in southwest Florida no? I'm up in Tampa...and thought you were south of me?

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:01:44 AM »
Last thing this country needs is another destructive hurricane.  Now a Cat 5 and forecast path is a worst case scenario.  Hope the damn thing takes a turn and heads out to sea.  Have a brother in Tampa looks like he is going to get nailed.  Maybe this will be enough to convince him to move up to Door County (the shire).  Anyone if Fla or along the gulf coast I'd get the hell out.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »
Last thing this country needs is another destructive hurricane.  Now a Cat 5 and forecast path is a worst case scenario.  Hope the damn thing takes a turn and heads out to sea.  Have a brother in Tampa looks like he is going to get nailed.  Maybe this will be enough to convince him to move up to Door County (the shire).  Anyone if Fla or along the gulf coast I'd get the hell out.

Yeah.........this morning - before I'd turned on the news, I looked at the Internet tracking info and wondered why all the TV tracking models (last night.....) have this thing turning North somewhere south of MIA and either hitting the Florida East Coast - or moving along it - while the computer tracking model continued to show this straight line headed into the Gulf. When (if ever, was this damn thing gonna turn?)

Then I turned on the TV and got my answer:

Tracking NOW indicates its expected to turn North AFTER passing south of MIA and take out the Florida West Coast - or moving along it. Hello Hurricane Charlie (2004) - its been awhile.........

confused(

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »

Hi Pugger.....you're in southwest Florida no? I'm up in Tampa...and thought you were south of me?

Yes, I'm in N. Fort Myers.  I'm praying this beast gets pushed away from FL and out to sea but it doesn't look good right now.  A cat 5 storm could destroy our home.   :'(

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »

Yeah.........this morning - before I'd turned on the news, I looked at the Internet tracking info and wondered why all the TV tracking models (last night.....) have this thing turning North somewhere south of MIA and either hitting the Florida East Coast - or moving along it - while the computer tracking model continued to show this straight line headed into the Gulf. When (if ever, was this damn thing gonna turn?)

Tracking NOW indicates its expected to turn North AFTER passing south of MIA and take out the Florida West Coast - or moving along it. Hello Hurricane Charlie (2004) - its been awhile.........

confused(

God I hope not.  I don't think any of these hurricane experts know for sure.    :(

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 04:47:54 PM »

confused(

God I hope not.  I don't think any of these hurricane experts know for sure.    :(

They're all fairly consistent in one regard:
- its supposed (as some point) to make a fairly dramatic right hand (northern) turn.
- its expected (after that) to move fairly straight north.

Probably will change some - but the variances are few at this point - so my best hope is it turns when Southeast of Miami and runs out over the water heading North. The strongest winds will be on the Northeast side of the eye wall.

Sure dont want it getting into the Gulf - then making its turn. Fingers are crossed.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »

Yes, I'm in N. Fort Myers.  I'm praying this beast gets pushed away from FL and out to sea but it doesn't look good right now.  A cat 5 storm could destroy our home.   :'(

My wife's sister and her husband are in North Port.

So, YEAH, we are on needles and pins with all of you.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »

Were they there for Charlie? If so, this has to be especially trying for them.
North Port's just a bit northeast of Port Charlotte which was where Charlie made landfall.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 11:11:25 PM »
We were here for Wilma 12 years ago but I don't think that on was this intense.  We are heading north to GA tomorrow.  I hope the traffic isn't too crazy...

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 11:18:53 PM »
We were here for Wilma 12 years ago but I don't think that on was this intense.  We are heading north to GA tomorrow.  I hope the traffic isn't too crazy...

Travel safe :)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 06:02:12 AM »

Were they there for Charlie? If so, this has to be especially trying for them.
North Port's just a bit northeast of Port Charlotte which was where Charlie made landfall.

No.
Moved there just 3 years ago after they sold their place in Chippewa Falls.
(Which they had bought from grandma Leinie's)