September 24, 2017, 11:33:42 PM

Author Topic: Adrian Peterson expects "big things" from RB Ty Montgomery  (Read 1317 times)

Online B

• HOF Member
Adrian Peterson expects "big things" from RB Ty Montgomery
« on: September 06, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »
http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/40499/adrian-peterson-expects-big-things-from-packers-rb-ty-montgomery

Great reporting by ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett
Definitely worth the click and read
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:12:56 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online cheech

• HOF Member
Re: Adrian Peterson expects "big things" from RB Ty Montgomery
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
...and CPK's head explodes. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »
Great read!

I'm impressed with how/who Ty chose to work out with.

Hoping it pays off big time for Ty/Packers.

Offline Shanedorf

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »
So long as Monty and the Packers manage his exertion levels, he's going to have a great season at RB. His dedication in the work outs and pushing himself even further bode well for the 2017 campaign. He really became a student of the RB game this summer

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:54:02 PM by Shanedorf »

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 05:44:23 PM »
Two a days in the off season? Damn. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:12:58 PM »
He could be a real gamechanger in this offense.  If he can stay healthy he could take this offense to the next level.  I dont think he'll  get the carries as some backs, but he can have a huge impact on the Packers success.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:13:47 PM by The GM »

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »
I was surprised to see how ripped Ty now looks when I saw photos of him at practice this summer.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »
I was surprised to see how ripped Ty now looks when I saw photos of him at practice this summer.

I agree. As soon as I saw the pic with him next to some of those guys I knew he looked the part. This won't be an easy transition but he's put in the work and I hope he comes out swinging.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 09:18:14 AM »
I think Monty will be a star this year. He shows the patience needed to pick through holes and slither through for those 3rd and short gains. He has power to blow through arm tackles, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. The back-up RBs are sort of models like him except for Mays who runs like Lacy.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline SDProfessor

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 10:18:25 AM »
Only thing I'm worried about with Ty is health. Other than that, I think he's a really solid NFL RB and wouldn't be surprised if he was able to somewhat replicate his production last year (when healthy).

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 01:17:57 PM »
Hoping for a great year. 

Kinda hoping that with an offseason to think about it, that MM might have some well-designed stratagems for using him in the passing game and progressions.

Hoping that with full camp and more experience, that his pass-blocking will improve.  Wasn't a strength last year, but hoping that given his strength and his will, that he's already improved a lot and will continue to improve further as the season progresses. 

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 01:09:47 AM »
Montgomery as the feature back is the thing I'm most excited to see this season.  I think he's the exact type of back they need need:  one who is strong enough to run up the middle, quick enough to get to the outside, and versatile enough to play as a wide receiver.  Speed, size, power, strength, vision, intelligence.  He has exactly what you want from a RB in the Packers's offense.  He seems to have the work ethic to boot.

I just hope he stays healthy and gets the opportunity to prove it for a whole season.
"BBD.  Boring by Design."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »
Montgomery as the feature back is the thing I'm most excited to see this season.  I think he's the exact type of back they need need:  one who is strong enough to run up the middle, quick enough to get to the outside, and versatile enough to play as a wide receiver.  Speed, size, power, strength, vision, intelligence.  He has exactly what you want from a RB in the Packers's offense.  He seems to have the work ethic to boot.

I just hope he stays healthy and gets the opportunity to prove it for a whole season.

Dare I say that he could be Marshall Faulk-esque.

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
I think that's a fair comparison, though I don't think he's in that tier.  So maybe Faulk-light. 

But yes, I think he's going to be that type of player.  At this stage, which is Week 1, I think it's fair (as fair can be) to say the offense runs through Montgomery. </hedge> He's dictating a lot.
"BBD.  Boring by Design."

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:55 PM »
I think that's a fair comparison, though I don't think he's in that tier.  So maybe Faulk-light. 

But yes, I think he's going to be that type of player.  At this stage, which is Week 1, I think it's fair (as fair can be) to say the offense runs through Montgomery. </hedge> He's dictating a lot.

Faulk was smaller and faster, Faulk had to be accounted for, and was more of a home run hitter.  where Montgomery is versatile enough to just wear you down through the ground and air.  Id like to see them use Montgomery in the backfield and send him in motion more. He'd be lined up against a linebacker most of the time.  I like that!!!.  Montgomery wont reach the numbers Faulk got, but he can have a huge impact on this teams success.