September 25, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

Author Topic: TJ Watt  (Read 1149 times)

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
TJ Watt
« on: September 10, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »
He is having another really good day.

Nice interception and return he made.

Online cheech

• HOF Member
Re: TJ Watt
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:49:24 PM »
And 2 sacks...
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:52:24 PM »
2 sacks and an INT.  I watched most of the game and he looked like the best defender on the field.  Early in his rookie season, he looks like a true game changer at OLB. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »
Too early - give it time to play out.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
Too early - give it time to play out.

Thank you. Last year it was Carson Wentz who was taking the leauge by storm. Then reality set in, and he came down to earth with a resounding thud. If his name wasn't Watt, no one would pay attention.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 09:05:46 PM »
He is having another really good day.

Nice interception and return he made.

Meh. Joe Thomas was whooping him most of the day. His sack against him was due to having a spastic, oblivious rookie QB. Same with his INT.

I don't mean to belittle his play so much, but really there are extenuating circumstances that attributed to his productive day.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 09:24:35 PM »
I knew someone would say that. Which is why I posted it.

And on cue they did.

Here is the highlight reel, judge for yourself.  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000842465/T-J-Watt-highlights-Week-1

BTW, Carson Wentz tore it up today.  They actually got him some weapons which he put to good use.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:37:37 PM by Gregg »

Offline walker16

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »
Hope all my Badgers do well.....except when they play us.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 07:54:35 AM »

And on cue they did.

Here is the highlight reel, judge for yourself.  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000842465/T-J-Watt-highlights-Week-1

BTW, Carson Wentz tore it up today.  They actually got him some weapons which he put to good use.

TJ Watt is going to be very successful with the Steelers- He clearly belongs as a starter and the Steelers have an outstanding set of OLB's.

But so what?  If you are trying to say that Ted should have drafted him, then I have to disagree.  As you can see from yesterday, our pass rush is fine.  All the hand wringing by the media failed to identify that to fix this defense we needed production from the other positions, which we got.  Pass rush is more than OLB- and Mike Daniels showed that.

We needed to develop a secondary that could force a QB to look beyond the first read and hold the ball.  Yesterday we had that.  We will see if it is that way in Atlanta, but at first approximation it has improved greatly.

I am happy for Cheeseheads that do well, and so I am happy for TJ.  But that doesn't make the Packers off season moves wrong. 

It is nice of you to admit that you are just stirring the pot though.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 09:05:26 AM »

And on cue they did.

Huh. Well hopefully you enjoy your troll thread then.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:51 PM »
Who said it was a troll thread?

This is for the NFL right?  The guy had a good game.

So I noted it.  But I knew after I posted it that some people would jump on and say what the did.

They are being the trolls, not me.

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
 You clearly stated the reason for posting this thread was because you knew someone would reply that watts success was due to extenuating circumstances. That's called taking the bait of your post. Are you walking that back now?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:18:18 PM by Kepler »

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
One game, yes.  Let it play out, yes.  Watt's success yesterday was due to extenuating circumstances, no.   If you watched that game, Watt recorded 2 sacks and an INT but most of all he was putting constant pressure on Kizer, forcing him out of the pocket, and making errant throws .. and this wasn't due to Kizer not knowing what he was doing.   Watt just had a great game yesterday. 

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »
Here's the video of who we could have picked. I'm not saying King wont develop into a good corner. And we do have two vets on the outside who can play (when healthy) but check out the video of TJ Watt in his first game:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843177/article/tj-watt-shines-with-twosack-oneint-steelers-debut

Online Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »
If Watt plays like that every game, then yeah, sure. But if they both develop equally, give me the athletic 6'3 corner any day.