November 20, 2017, 01:39:16 AM

Author Topic: What do you think of our defense now???  (Read 8956 times)

Offline Ron836

• Second String
Re: What do you think of our defense now???
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
I was hoping the D was going to be this good. I'm look forward to Daniel's play next week.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 07:21:12 PM »
I thought they played a really good game against a struggling offense.

I'd give them a solid 8/10 for a rating because they always seem to give up big, successive plays at the most inopportune times against the Seahawks. I was not counting my seachickens until 0:00.

Front 7 dominated their OLine all across the board. Matthews, Daniels, Clark, and Perry all beat them like a drum. Hard to tell how the secondary played because of how dominant the front 7 was.

This is what we've come to expect from Green Bay's defense against a not so potent offense. Their real test will be an offense like Atlanta's.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »
12 first downs, one of them by penalty. 225 total yards. And 20 minutes of possession. That is a thorough butt whooping by any measure.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:36:50 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »
I thought they played a really good game against a struggling offense.

I'd give them a solid 8/10 for a rating because they always seem to give up big, successive plays at the most inopportune times against the Seahawks. I was not counting my seachickens until 0:00.

Front 7 dominated their OLine all across the board. Matthews, Daniels, Clark, and Perry all beat them like a drum. Hard to tell how the secondary played because of how dominant the front 7 was.

This is what we've come to expect from Green Bay's defense against a not so potent offense. Their real test will be an offense like Atlanta's.

Who only put up 23 points against Chicago

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »
12 first downs, one of them by penalty. 225 total yards. And 20 minutes of possession. That is a thorough but whooping by any measure.

ZERO TD's. When was the last time we so completely dominated a team like that with only 1 turnover by them? I don't remember to tell you the truth. I could watch 19 weeks of defense like this for sure.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »

I wouldn't sell Chicago's defense short. They do have some talent on that side of the ball. I mean, Mike Glennon is still the QB and threw 4 incompletions from the 5 yard line to end Chicago's chance.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »
I agree with Claymaker- let's see what happens in Atlanta.

Seahawks have invested in one of the very best defensive fronts, and have likewise created one of the very worst offensive lines.  Doesn't make sense to me, but somehow Pete Carroll thinks it does.  Go figure.

So, while I am optimistic, as I have been since the draft, I am not going to get my hopes too high until I see what happens against the Falcons.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »

I wouldn't sell Chicago's defense short. They do have some talent on that side of the ball. I mean, Mike Glennon is still the QB and threw 4 incompletions from the 5 yard line to end Chicago's chance.

Chicago looked remarkably better than last year in today's game.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »

Chicago looked remarkably better than last year in today's game.

Yea, sounds like they had an excellent chance to beat the mighty Falcons, if are defense plays like they did today, I give Green Bay a good chance to beat them.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 07:45:59 PM »

Yea, sounds like they had an excellent chance to beat the mighty Falcons, if are defense plays like they did today, I give Green Bay a good chance to beat them.

If our defense plays like it did today, it will be a blowout. Their defense is not that good. Rodgers and company will put up 30+ against them. Can we stop them? I think we can this year and would love to ruin the opening of their new stadium.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 08:02:19 PM »
Seattle's offense didn't look so impotent when they were putting 48 points up on the Chargers, nor when they put up 26 against the Chiefs a couple of weeks ago.  I realize it was preseason, but I don't think there's any legitimate way to dismiss the Packers dominant performance against what many call the second best team in the NFC.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 08:14:16 PM »
The Seahawks' offensive line could be one of the worst groups in a decade.  I'm not discounting 76 or 53 either.  But that was the strength of our D vs the weakness of their offense. 

Atl will be the true test.  I could care less as to what happened on Chicago's shitty field.  Atl has a better OL in both run and pass blocking.  They have a better running game and passing game and it will be in their house.

I love the team speed of our D.  Well be awfully hard to run on even with Burnett playing ILB.  Let's see how our secondary covers a legit passing game next week though.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 08:20:28 PM »
An excellent game against a sub-par OL, with questionable RB's and a mediocre QB and WR's. The pressure on Wilson was constant, and, with the exception of a few big plays, the defense was terrific. Now, next week will be played against the NFC reps in the last SB. Though, frankly, I think Atlanta is more likely to go 10-6 or even 9-7 this year, and be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. This is their history: twice a decade put together a great season, then be mediocre for a few years. Today, the Falcons just barely squeaked past the Bears, who are not likely to win more than five games this year. So, as usual, the Packers will be contenders, while the Falcons will simply go back to mediocrity, until they once again put up a great season in five years.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:02:27 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2017, 08:27:24 PM »
An excellent game against a sub-par OL, with questionable RB's and a mediocre QB and WR's. The pressure on Wilson was constant, and, with the exception of a few big plays, the defense was terrific. Now, next week will be played against the NFC reps in the last SB. Though, frankly, I think Atlanta is more likely to go 10-4 or even 9-7 this year, and be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. This is their history: twice a decade put together a great season, then be mediocre for a few years. Today, the Falcons just barely squeaked past the Bears, who are not likely to win more than five games this year. So, as usual, the Packers will be contenders, while the Falcons will simply go back to mediocrity, until they once again put up a great season in five years.

Their game is speed.  The bears countered with 4", sloppy turf. 

No one is writing off the Pats.  To look at previous year's and say that history is going to repeat itself just 'cause is foolish.  The Falcons lack nothing on offense and defense.  They will be a tough team all year. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 08:41:42 PM »
What do you think about our defense now???

Bakken Eggman didn't want to give credit where credit was due. But I got to tell you I was impressed.

Who is Bakken Eggman?
Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, but they were so pathetically biased, I couldn't call them by their real names