September 26, 2017, 07:59:33 AM

Author Topic: Eddie called his mama and said he wished he could go home  (Read 2317 times)

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
Re: Eddie called his mama and said he wished he could go home
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 10:57:24 PM »
I like Lacy, but I don't think he's dedicated himself enough to football.  I had no problem with Ted letting him go.

Offline SDProfessor

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 10:58:38 PM »
As much as I love Ty, I nonetheless miss Lacy, still really like Lacy.  And I would love to see him back on this team, which I don't think is far fetched at all.

+1. I don't want him to succeed against GB, but I felt kind of bad for him today.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 11:00:22 PM »
I like Eddie Lacy. I liked him more when he wore green and gold, but I still think he's a good guy.

He talked big talk before this game, and didn't back it up. His Lambeau leap comments earned him a few playful pokes.

I wish him well whenever he's not playing against Green Bay, however he had a pretty piss-poor preseason as well.

When Rawls comes back he'll be third-string. Pete Carroll and Seahawks overpaid for him, and Ted was wise to let him walk from the looks of game 1.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:02:39 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 11:33:48 PM »
He talked big talk before this game, and didn't back it up. His Lambeau leap comments earned him a few playful pokes.

I wish him well whenever he's not playing against Green Bay, however he had a pretty piss-poor preseason as well
I wish him well, but I hope the Seahawks lose every game.

I agree he has only received a few playful jabs, he shouldn't have run his mouth off.  Certainly he hasn't received anything like the vitriol that Favre, Jennings, or Jermichael Finley has (deserved or not).

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »
I would love it if Seattle cut Eddie Lacy, so we could then sign him.

He and Ty with two rookies for development purposes would be a very productive backfield for us.  Lacy would have come in handy yesterday, both for his protection ability and his ability to wear down guys in the middle of that front four.

I question if Seattle will do much this year if they can't fix that offensive line.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Shanedorf

• All Pro
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
I would love it if Seattle cut Eddie Lacy, so we could then sign him.

The concept of Lacy is great, the reality is unfortunately much different. Eddie has the same problem today that he had in GB - an inability to control his weight. The only difference is that Pete Carroll fancies himself a players coach and is more willing to accept that shortcoming than the Packers coaches were.

Eddie is coming off of major ankle surgery and the best thing he could do was to drop a lot of weight. Yet he made barely made the very generous weight targets they set for him in the offseason, then he bulked up again. One scout speculated that he's currently north of 260 lbs. and that's not a winning weight for him. He got a fresh start, new team, new coaches- still the same problem.

He's not coming back to GB.
And unless he did a 180 in his commitment to the game, I wouldn't want him back. That old Lacy that many of you are still pining for simply doesn't exist any more.
This version of Lacy just ain't worth it and that's why the Packers had to move on.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 12:31:04 PM »

The concept of Lacy is great, the reality is unfortunately much different. Eddie has the same problem today that he had in GB - an inability to control his weight. The only difference is that Pete Carroll fancies himself a players coach and is more willing to accept that shortcoming than the Packers coaches were.

Eddie is coming off of major ankle surgery and the best thing he could do was to drop a lot of weight. Yet he made barely made the very generous weight targets they set for him in the offseason, then he bulked up again. One scout speculated that he's currently north of 260 lbs. and that's not a winning weight for him. He got a fresh start, new team, new coaches- still the same problem.

He's not coming back to GB.
And unless he did a 180 in his commitment to the game, I wouldn't want him back. That old Lacy that many of you are still pining for simply doesn't exist any more.
This version of Lacy just ain't worth it and that's why the Packers had to move on.

I don't think that is actually true.  He has weigh ins with Seattle once a month during the season.  Now maybe he will fail them, but so far the Seahawks have indicated he has made weight.

People claim its his weight- they have since he was drafted.  I am not convinced.  He can still be a productive back in the right situation.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »
I'm not sure to what extent weight is a factor.  But he's not fast and he's not a gifted receiver.  He's just kind of a slow back for whatever reason, you don't need to blame it on weight, but it's just a reality.  He's a slowish back.  Maybe the right situation is to play behind a line that can blow open big holes, but that's not Seattle and that's not Green Bay either. 

He's had ankle problems, ankle surgery, and a lot of pounding over the years.  Just don't think he's ever going to have the speed or quickness that he had at Alabama and early in his Packer career.  The game wears backs down and saps their speed.

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
I'm not sure to what extent weight is a factor.  But he's not fast and he's not a gifted receiver.  He's just kind of a slow back for whatever reason, you don't need to blame it on weight, but it's just a reality.  He's a slowish back.  Maybe the right situation is to play behind a line that can blow open big holes, but that's not Seattle and that's not Green Bay either. 

He's had ankle problems, ankle surgery, and a lot of pounding over the years.  Just don't think he's ever going to have the speed or quickness that he had at Alabama and early in his Packer career.  The game wears backs down and saps their speed.

Agreed. He'd probably do well in Dallas or Cleveland.

Offline Shanedorf

• All Pro
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »
I don't think that is actually true.  He has weigh ins with Seattle once a month during the season.  Now maybe he will fail them, but so far the Seahawks have indicated he has made weight.

That's because they gave him very generous weights to make. Post- surgery, Eddie needs to be back in the 230 range, the Seahawks only asked for 260 offseason, then 250 in season.  When Eddie played well for the Packers, he was in the 230's range

"making weight" at 250 isn't a badge of accomplishment; all the Seahawks did was lower their standards to meet his weak efforts. The Packers saw that lack of effort when he was wearing green and gold and they saw the lack of effort again on Sunday afternoon.

I like Eddie and wish him all the best, but his commitment level isn't where it needs to be to succeed for a whole season in the NFL. That added weight slows him down, stresses his problematic ankles , doesn't help his conditioning nor help with his asthma condition.

He knows with great certainty exactly what he needs to do, has access to the best in the business and yet he's shown he either can't or doesn't want to...repeatedly. 

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 03:34:07 PM »
He has no fight in him.  He used to go through the hole looking for a linebacker or a DB to run over.  Look at him yesterday, most of his runs he was knocked backwards by guys 50 pounds lighter.  There's no drive, no fight for yards.   Hes like a parade balloon you hit him and he goes backwards or falls down.  Im 100% sure he's a good guy, teammates like him, but c'mon, man. at least fall forward.  He outweighs these guys by a lot in some cases and he gets driven backwards in many of his runs.   Way too soft IMO.  Dont see him returning to GB unless TM gets hurt and they dont want to go with the rookies, but I think they'd look elsewhere if that happens.         

Offline Waynorth

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 08:25:26 AM »

That's what happens to you when you're slow and keep bouncing outside like he often does. 
"Knowledge does not enter your brain through an open mouth."

Offline SDProfessor

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »
He has no fight in him.  He used to go through the hole looking for a linebacker or a DB to run over.  Look at him yesterday, most of his runs he was knocked backwards by guys 50 pounds lighter.         

I think it's more a product of his size/running style tbh. I only say that because I notice the same thing with LaGarrette Blount. If you get these guys at the LOS or in the backfield it's hard for them to get up to speed (and they don't have the quickness to bounce out).

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »

The title of this thread is a little disrespectful, IMO.

I feel ya, but it's pretty mild for a message board... Also, B is respectful of players- he's not a hater.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »
Weren't there suspicions when he played for us that Eddie didn't like football as much as he should to really be a great back in this league?