September 24, 2017, 11:33:28 PM

Author Topic: Eddie called his mama and said he wished he could go home  (Read 2301 times)

Online golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Eddie called his mama and said he wished he could go home
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »
Weren't there suspicions when he played for us that Eddie didn't like football as much as he should to really be a great back in this league?

There were those questions. I will say he's not looking like the guy from his rookie and second year. He looks on the downward side of the hill of his career.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »

That's what happens to you when you're slow and keep bouncing outside like he often does.

BINGO...we have a winner

I didn't think Lacy was a good fit for this O...time after time Lacy would miss his cut back and keep going parallel to the LOS...just like he did Sunday

Monte would run the same play and plant hard and cut straight up gaining maybe only 3 yds but same play Lacy would loose 2

Monte is a much better fit to this blocking scheme

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
Lacy is a healthy scratch for the Seahawks today.  Hes inactive and will lose about $62k in a contract clause  incentive for being active. You can put a fork in him (no pun intended)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:28:20 PM by The GM »

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »
Lacy is a healthy scratch for the Seahawks today.  Hes inactive and will lose about $62k in a contract clause  incentive for being active.

Ouch. That'll put a different take on "taking the weekend off"......

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 05:53:41 PM »
Nice article on Eddie Lacy by ESPN:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/09/20/eddie-lacy-opens-up-struggles-weight/686073001/

Agree. A good, humanizing read.

Yep. I'd equate what he's gone through as a severe form of bullying. If I were in his shoes I'd just get rid of social media altogether. As it is I only have Twitter anyway.

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »
I always really liked Lacy.  I was thrilled when we drafted him and I loved watching him play.  Great person, it seems.  I wish for his sake that he never would have played injured last year.  Sickening.

I also thought that it was time to move on this off-season.  Rumors were true.  He did get up to 267 lbs.  He's never been slim, but he was at his best when he played at 235 in his first and 2nd year.  He was much more explosive.

Unfortunately for backs in this league they only really get to play at a high level for a few years.  Rarely do teams make a big financial investment.  In this case, with his ankle and weight issues considered, it would have been a big risk to re-sign him.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 10:43:35 AM »
I've a sense that he's going to wind up in the "He could have been...." collection bin. He'll have plenty of company. The NFL experience can be highly rewarding but it can be very unforgiving as well - especially in the social media age we live in.

I gained a sense that as a child food represented family, togetherness....comfort - not unlike most children and families I guess, but those growing up under tougher circumstances, it can come to mean more.

It is what it is. I wish him well.