September 24, 2017, 11:33:27 PM

Author Topic: Cuts and the 46  (Read 770 times)

Online cheech

• HOF Member
Cuts and the 46
« on: September 10, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »
Allison is due to come back this week.  Who gets cut for him to return?  Best guess here is Pipkins. 

Interesting to watch the 46 man roster.  Mays is ahead of Jones, even though he didn't see time at RB today.  Dial wasn't active but you would think he'd be a go for most games.  Curious who would be deactivated in his stead. 

Spriggs apparently has a hammy injury.  We have 2 healthy OT's at the moment.  Hopefully Bulaga gets back soon. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
Re: Cuts and the 46
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 10:01:47 PM »
Spriggs apparently has a hammy injury.  We have 2 healthy OT's at the moment.  Hopefully Bulaga gets back soon.

Saw that injury listed, but do not remember him on the field... but probably missed it. That is a bit disconcerting if he was injured.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »
Allison is due to come back this week.  Who gets cut for him to return?  Best guess here is Pipkins. 

Interesting to watch the 46 man roster.  Mays is ahead of Jones, even though he didn't see time at RB today.  Dial wasn't active but you would think he'd be a go for most games.  Curious who would be deactivated in his stead. 

When Allison comes back I'd say Pipkins or McCray.

When Dial is ready to go I'm guessing Ricky Jean-Francois is inactive. I do believe he was active today, but am not sure he got a snap on defense.

Spriggs is concerning to be sure. Hope it is not serious, but based on his play in the preseason, we're in trouble with him until he gets his fundamentals down a little bit better.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »

Saw that injury listed, but do not remember him on the field... but probably missed it. That is a bit disconcerting if he was injured.

Had to be on special teams is my guess.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 10:46:09 PM »
Mays was active ahead of Jones because he can play special teams, is my guess.

Jean-Francois was out there on defense late in the game when Daniels was getting a breather.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 03:30:02 PM »
...When Allison comes back I'd say Pipkins or McCray. ..

Can they wait on this till the end of the week, just in case there is a practice injury?  So we fans won't know till Saturday or Sunday, probably? 

Offline SDProfessor

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 03:31:56 PM »
Pipkins, McCray, or one of the RB

Wildcard: Janis. But extremely unlikely IMO.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 03:42:33 PM »

Janis would be a shocker. His replacement as gunner would probably be Josh Jones, whose name only got called Sunday when he was offsides on a kickoff.

I hope Patrick can return and they let go of McCray. Pipkins is too intriguing to lose, though they could probably re-sign him to PS.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 03:43:54 PM »

Interesting speculation. The depth chart on the Packers website shows McCray ahead of Patrick.
My guess would be Patrick, Pipkins or they trade him. The Jaguars lost Robinson for the year this weekend, could they be looking for a replacement?

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 09:16:27 AM »
A semi long shot is Gunter... No time for extra slow players on this Packers D.

If the Packers feel Hawkins and Pip are up to speed, Gunter  would be expendable.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »
Agree, but I was thinking a trade may well be possible rather than a release of Gunter. I believe he has trade value to a team that runs mostly cover-2. I'm sure not everyone agrees with that thought process, but don't believe he is a straight release. I have been wrong many times before, we will know in the next day or so.

Offline Shanedorf

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
Agree, but I was thinking a trade may well be possible rather than a release of Gunter. I believe he has trade value to a team that runs mostly cover-2.

Its a possibility. I think Gunter still has value in GB, especially after a year of trial- by- fire. GB also has CB Demetri Goodson on PUP and CB Herb Waters on IR,  either could return later in the season if needed. But neither of those guys have the experience of Gunter

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »
Agree, but I was thinking a trade may well be possible rather than a release of Gunter. I believe he has trade value to a team that runs mostly cover-2.

Its a possibility. I think Gunter still has value in GB, especially after a year of trial- by- fire. GB also has CB Demetri Goodson on PUP and CB Herb Waters on IR,  either could return later in the season if needed. But neither of those guys have the experience of Gunter

I don't think that Waters is eligible to come off of IR, is he? I think the rule is that the player needs to be on the 53 first, that was the reasoning for the shuffling with Barclay at cutdown.

Allison was reinstated yesterday and the roster exemption is only one day, should know by the end of the day what the move is.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 12:55:50 PM »
Almost tougher news probably for guy on practice squad.  Assuming Pipkens or Patrick or whomever get bumped off the 53, they'll presumably still have opportunity to stay on the 63.  But it's the man then bumped off the 63 who suddenly doesn't have a place to work tomorrow.  That would be pretty rough. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 01:06:55 PM »
Well their won't be a trade with the Jaguars with a WR.

Jaguars Sign WR Max McCaffrey Off Saintsí Practice Squad, Place Allen Robinson On IR.