November 20, 2017, 01:37:24 AM

Author Topic: The Bears  (Read 228 times)

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
The Bears
« on: September 11, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
They actually looked pretty good against the Falcons and would have won Sunday if they had some receivers who could make some clutch plays!

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: The Bears
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »
That was so frustrating watching them try to convert on that final goal line stand. Really wanted that Atlanta loss.

Tarik Cohen looks like a weapon for the Bears. Could be hearing that name for a while to come.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: The Bears
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 03:50:25 AM »
That was so frustrating watching them try to convert on that final goal line stand. Really wanted that Atlanta loss.

Tarik Cohen looks like a weapon for the Bears. Could be hearing that name for a while to come.

I liked the moves the human joystick made in college, really elusive. That kind of slipperiness is very rare. I would have liked to see him in Green Bay as a change of pace RB and returner, but at a listed 5'6" and 180lb, he may be too small to hold up long in the NFL. Also he went 13 picks  into round 4. Due to his height/weight limitations, I thought bottom of round 5 or top of round 6 was where he fitted. The Bears had something of a luxury pick when they took him, as they had already had a pick eight spots earlier (where they took Alabama safety, Eddie Jackson).

He reminds me that players I liked before the draft often get picked too early to be good value. For example, CB Brendon Langley (comp 3rd rounder for Denver) was a great size/speed prospect (6'0", 200lb, 4.43 40, 22 reps on the 225lb bar), but this looked at least 2 rounds too early for what he showed in college. He is far from, say, Fabian Moreau quality (who went 20 picks earlier).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"