November 22, 2017, 06:49:40 AM

Author Topic: Weekend Round Up  (Read 219 times)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Weekend Round Up
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:47:58 PM »
I guess so far, before the Chargers game, the two biggest surprises are:

1.  The Chiefs running away from the Pats in NE.

2. The Rams smashing the Colts.

I mean I know in the latter, the Colts did not have Luck,  but I was really surprised how good the Rams looked on offense.  And this was without Gurley really having a good game.  Cooper Kupp looks today like he should have been a second round choice.  And the trade for Watkins has also looked good.  They both really helped Goff, as did the addition of Jared Cook.

As for the Pats, their defense looked really bad.  They made game manager Smith look like Unitas.  I mean two passes of 75 yards?  Alex Smith?  BB is really going to have to go back to the X and o board. He may have outsmarted himself in making those trades that got rid of Collins, Hicks and Chandler Jones.  I wonder if he unloads Jimmy G now out of desperation?
The third game I thought  key was Jacksonville tearing up Houston.

Has the Jaguars defense finally hit the connect button? Ten sacks, which I think is one short of the record. Man per man they have one of the best defensive line ups in football. This may be the year they go over the top.  Also, I wonder if Foster is going to start now for Houston?

Finally, the Vikes looked good tonight.  Cook looks like he is the real deal.  A lot of people are going to regret passing on him.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:44:05 PM by Gregg »

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
Re: Weekend Round Up
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:46 PM »
I thought the Vikings looked REALLY REALLY good on both sides of the ball.  They could give us issues this year.  Cook may not have looked as good as AD did as a rookie but it was close.  Their receiving weapons also looked a lot better than I expected. 

Thought Chicago looked much improved as well.  They gave Atlanta all they could handle.

Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »
I agree about the Bears.  What makes that more worrisome is they were missing their two best WR's in Kevin White and Cameron Meredith.

Plus their best QB was on the bench.

Cohen looked really good to me at RB also.

Offline raptorman

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 02:18:19 PM »
I thought the Vikings looked REALLY REALLY good on both sides of the ball.  They could give us issues this year.  Cook may not have looked as good as AD did as a rookie but it was close.  Their receiving weapons also looked a lot better than I expected. 

Thought Chicago looked much improved as well.  They gave Atlanta all they could handle.
I think Cook actually did better than Peterson his first game.  One thing that doesn't show in the stats,  Cook picked up blocks in the passing game at least 3 times during the game that let Bradford throw.  That is something Peterson never did well. 
Something new coming soon!