November 23, 2014, 12:29:32 PM

Author Topic: Charles Johnson and Kevin Dorsey  (Read 2109 times)

Offline HBuff

• Rookie
Charles Johnson and Kevin Dorsey
« on: May 31, 2013, 02:35:47 AM »
Any idea why these two are not practicing?  It is important to get these guys going, I wanted them to push Boykins and Ross?  Or am I the only one w or tied about our WR  depth?

Offline Hands

• All Pro
Re: Charles Johnson and Kevin Dorsey
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:01 AM »
I do find it odd that they aren't practicing and the coaches aren't explaining why.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:40:48 AM »
Do we know anything more than they were not practicing one day? If that is the case there are many possibilities. If they are not practicing at all that is a very different story.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 09:30:33 AM »
I think they've been absent from each of the two OTA's, at least on any days that have been open to and reported on by the media. 

Injuries, suspensions, or legal problems usually cover reasons for rookies to miss OTA's.   

The coaches respect privacy issues, and apparently haven't been explicitly asked. 

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:17:45 AM »
I think they've been absent from each of the two OTA's, at least on any days that have been open to and reported on by the media. 

Injuries, suspensions, or legal problems usually cover reasons for rookies to miss OTA's.   

The coaches respect privacy issues, and apparently haven't been explicitly asked.

Another possibility is that they aren't officially college graduates. Remember, the rule is no practice until the graduation occurs. A dumb rule that should be removed from the books.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 02:22:43 PM »
Eastern Michigan commencement was April 28, Marylands was May 19. 

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:33:56 PM »
Tyler Dunne of JS at minicamp today:   

At wide receiver, rookie Charles Johnson is practicing. Dorsey still out. Boykin, too. He suffered an injury in OTAs.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 05:10:07 AM »
I knew about Boykins getting hurt in an incident that drew some criticism that the defense was pushing the limit of unpadded fiestiness.

The Dorsey injury has been guarded like a state secret... thought I have to say that I am glad that Charles Johnson is back out there - of the rookies, he is the one I am most excited about seeing in the competition

I am looking forward to seeing the competition play out for the 4th and 5th WR spots between Boykins, Ross, Johnson and Dorsey. Hopefully Boykins and Dorsey can recover quickly and get in the mix - though Dorsey sideline hurts him the most since very thing is brand new and the number of snaps availableto compete will shrink with each passing day.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:46:08 AM by B »
-Vince Lombardi

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »
I knew about Boykins getting hurt in an incident that drew some criticism that the defense was pushing the limit of unpadded fiestiness.

The Dorsey injury has been guarded like a state secret... thought I have to say that I am glad that Charles Johnson is back out there - of the rookies, he is the one I am most excited about seeing in the competition

He is not quite a rookie (or even a WR, so this is off-topic) but I'd like to hear how James Nixon is getting on. He is very, very raw at his listed position of CB, having done various things at college. He had quite a few returns on ST, which is nice to have on your resume, and he has played RB. Why am I so interested in a super raw corner at 6'0", 185 ? Because he can run a 4.31 40. That kind of speed is what Ted covets. He is worth a look to see if he can be something.
It is the least informed that make the most noise.

You want reliable ? Take a lesson from #61

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »

He is not quite a rookie (or even a WR, so this is off-topic) but I'd like to hear how James Nixon is getting on. He is very, very raw at his listed position of CB, having done various things at college. He had quite a few returns on ST, which is nice to have on your resume, and he has played RB. Why am I so interested in a super raw corner at 6'0", 185 ? Because he can run a 4.31 40. That kind of speed is what Ted covets. He is worth a look to see if he can be something.

Nixon stood out yesterday, as did McMillian
-Vince Lombardi

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »
That's good to hear about both Nixon and McMillian, Bruce (even though I'll add the standard warning on Nixon - "too early yet to tell much").

I guess for the WRs, Cunningham, Gillet and White look to get on the practice squad. Boykin, Ross, Johnson and Dorsey fight to be 4th and 5th receiver.
It is the least informed that make the most noise.

You want reliable ? Take a lesson from #61