October 20, 2017, 04:38:55 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Ravens Game Day Thread  (Read 41404 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v. Ravens Game Day Thread
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
Packers need more TDs and fewer FGs, and a road win would be nice. Make Flacco beat you by stopping Rice. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online golfman

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v. Ravens Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
Packers need more TDs and fewer FGs, and a road win would be nice. Make Flacco beat you by stopping Rice.

Flacco is capable of big plays, but the way to beat him is presure up the middle. He's not going to beat you with his feet and if he doesn't have a clean pocket to step up into, he's in trouble from an accuracy standpoint.

We need to run the ball effectively against them as well because Suggs and CO can bring it.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
I think this is a good matchup for us.  We can play good run defense, Flacco's not a runner, and their passing offense isn't that great.  Our defense has a good shot to contain them reasonably well, and perhaps to get some sacks or a turnover.  We've got a fairly balanced run/pass offense at present.  It will again be up to our offense to convert enough of their opportunities.  But I think we should convert enough to win this game. 

Offline Wisco

• All Pro
  • follow me on twitter @mccarty_cory
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 04:36:44 PM »
Its going to be intresting to see who we well match up against Torrey Smith, hes having a great year, and if we let them get vertical it well open the run game real quick.
New to the site

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
 @AdamSchefter Packers LB Clay Matthews still is undergoing more testing, but expected to miss one month with a broken thumb
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:19:04 PM »
Well.. sucks if Clay is out a month.

Still... more optimistic about this game now than when first saw it on the schedule, Ravens are tough at home, but this is not the same Ravens team.  Ravens OL was/is a mess and the have no run game.  They average less than 80 yards and Rice has had issues with fumbling and did again vs Dolphins.  Basically everything is on Flacco to win them their games and still without J. Jones.

Think their defense is still pretty good, other than Denver game they have held teams in check... but that Broncos game was pretty horrid and this is only 2nd decent QB they will face.

Perry and Neal will have to have big games again, will need the pass rush this week.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »
Guys got to step up and beat the guy in front of them. Plain and simple! Reports are AT LEAST a month. If so, Ravens, Browns, Vikings and Bears. All still winnable games, but they become losable games now too.

Aaron Rodgers needs to be Aaron Rodgers the next month and carry us on his back with a running game to keep defense off field.

Any word on Hayward? That could soften the blow just a little bit.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
Ya know if Perry plays well on the Right side Matthews could wind up moving to the left side in his return. He did start out over the RT as a rookie and second year guy and was a beast. Could be a blessing in disguise if we win these games with Matthews out.

Hope it's only a month.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
Don't forget to answer the Poll question at the top of the page.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »
two big matchups we'll have to win:

1.  covering Torry Smith deep.  if we can keep Smith from getting over the top against our safeties, we should be able to contain Rice.  it sounds like Marlon Brown is coming back, and he's been a solid player for the Ravens so far.  but i think keeping Shields on Smith is still the way to go.  sure would be nice to have Hayward in the slot to pick off some of Flacco's short throws.

2.  contain Haloti Ngata.  this guy is beastly and he'll give our OL all they can handle.  if we can keep him off Rodgers and have success running away from him, our offense should score enough to win.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »
two big matchups we'll have to win:

1.  covering Torry Smith deep.  if we can keep Smith from getting over the top against our safeties, we should be able to contain Rice.  it sounds like Marlon Brown is coming back, and he's been a solid player for the Ravens so far.  but i think keeping Shields on Smith is still the way to go.  sure would be nice to have Hayward in the slot to pick off some of Flacco's short throws. Sam Shields matches up well with him.

2.  contain Haloti Ngata.  this guy is beastly and he'll give our OL all they can handle.  if we can keep him off Rodgers and have success running away from him, our offense should score enough to win. We handled Suh and Farley and the Ravens have been gashed in the running game a few games this year.

Online green machine

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »
Brad Jones is out, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Offline Wisco

• All Pro
  • follow me on twitter @mccarty_cory
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »
Brad Jones is out, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
.................... Another hamstring injury, anyone alse getting really sick of hamstring injurys?  >:(
New to the site

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 06:04:37 PM »
.................... Another hamstring injury, anyone alse getting really sick of hamstring injurys?  >:(

He had hamstring issue in preseason, but this is actually the other leg.  McCarthy said today he may only be out one week.

Hayward may practice Thursday to see how he is...   Thursday will probably be very telling if he can play.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »
Ngata did not practice Wednesday with hip injury... but still expected to play Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/1908/injury-report-haloti-ngata-misses-practice