October 20, 2017, 04:42:02 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Steelers vs. Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 35330 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Steelers vs. Packers Game Day Thread
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:29:18 AM »
Back home with another chance to make next week's game even more meaningful. Two well run, respectable and storied franchises. Could this be the game where Rodgers and Cobb make triumphant returns? Stay tuned. And, as always- never give up.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Steelers vs. Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:10:52 AM »

Agreed - never give up!

:)

Offline LaSeeno

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:10:08 PM »
I will be there!  This game didn't look like it had meaning yesterday morning but now it's a full on fight for your playoff life for both squads.  It's going to be electric at Lambeau!

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
Packers 17
Steelers 16

Packers defense wins the day!
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline Geoff

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:31:53 PM »
Not sure if any other teams did this, but the Steelers had removed Eddie Lacy from their draft board in the 2013 draft.  I'm sure Lacy can't wait to show the Steelers what they passed on.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 03:42:12 PM »
Not sure if any other teams did this, but the Steelers had removed Eddie Lacy from their draft board in the 2013 draft.  I'm sure Lacy can't wait to show the Steelers what they passed on.

I love the fact Eddie is making several teams sorry they passed on him last spring.   ;D

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 03:55:56 PM »
I will be there!  This game didn't look like it had meaning yesterday morning but now it's a full on fight for your playoff life for both squads.  It's going to be electric at Lambeau!
Pittsburgh cannot make the playoffs, they have already been eliminated.

Online Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »

Not quite. If Pittsburgh, Miami and Baltimore all finish at 8-8, Pittsburgh wins the overall tiebreaker (I believe).

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »

Not quite. If Pittsburgh, Miami and Baltimore all finish at 8-8, Pittsburgh wins the overall tiebreaker (I believe).

No offense to anyone, but I could care less if the Steelers make the playoffs or not. Its whether the Packers can win out the rest of the season that concerns me. And as far as Lacy is concerned, he's turning out to be a real find. Kind of like Rodgers was back in '08, when Alex Smith went #1, and AR was repeatedly shown waiting for hours to be picked. He could turn out to be the second coming of Ahman Green- or, maybe, Jim Taylor. And that is the highest praise I can confer on a Packers RB.

Offline davemobes32

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »
The Schwartz is strong with the Lions. We now control our own destiny.
I've rooted for the Packers in New York, Boston, Quantico, VA, Camp Lejeune NC, Camp Pendleton CA, Camp Leatherneck Afghanistan, and Manas Kyrgyzstan.

Offline Saucyjak

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 10:41:05 PM »
The pieces are in place.....2 victories and a home playoff game!!!!!!!!....anything is possible

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »
NEVER GIVE UP!!!! thumbsup) thumbsup) thumbsup) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »
Pitt game takes on greater importance now.
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 07:09:45 AM »
Sure hope Rodgers gets cleared Wednesday to play. This is not the same Steelers team we thought we were going to face 4 weeks ago. They have improved but a return of Cobb and Rodgers would be too many weapons for them to handle.

BTW, I'm rooting for Chicago this weekend. If they beat Philly and we win out we're the #3. Meaning we'd play the loser of the Carolina vs. New Orleans game this weekend and not San Fran. Then San Fran would go to Seattle and we'd to go the winner of the South.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Half Empty

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 07:27:08 AM »

No offense to anyone, but I could care less if the Steelers make the playoffs or not. Its whether the Packers can win out the rest of the season that concerns me.

Pretty sure none of us cares about Pitt's chances, but the point probably is that Pittsburgh might.