October 20, 2017, 04:39:44 PM

Author Topic: Value shopping: Two FA targets  (Read 6564 times)

Online cheech

• HOF Member
Re: Value shopping: Two FA targets
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
Helu isn't slippery... at all.  He's closer to Ryan Grant than he is DeJuan Harris.  He'll catch the ball and get up the field though. 

I'm still shocked that Harris didn't get more opportunities.  The dude is a threat in the open field.
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »
I don't understand it either.

I always liked Harris and he was cheap.

Offline Pack Da Bomb

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »
On this cheaper mid level FAs TT likes Rob  Housler, Bruce Carter, and Brooks Reed all interest me. For depth or adding something the team doesn't have already.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 01:27:06 PM »
On this cheaper mid level FAs TT likes Rob  Housler, Bruce Carter, and Brooks Reed all interest me. For depth or adding something the team doesn't have already.

Carter signed with somebody yesterday....I think.
Or he reached a financial agreement and isnt signed.....
Or...he's reneged on that agreement with hope that he can sign with Philly  :)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 01:32:35 PM »
Funny!  ;D

Channeling your inner-Kelly?!  8)

Tampa Bay signed Carter. Dang it!

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »
Well my targets for TT this year were a DT and an ILB. Still are, if Tramon realizes his market isn't what he thought it was, he will be back in G&G for cheap. So CB is something that wont be in dire straights. We go after a guy like Dan Williams at DT, or even get our own two back in Raji and Guion (who should come really cheap considering their circumstances), plus a stop-gap at ILB and it makes the first couple rounds of the draft a true luxury draft. You can really take the best football player on the board regardless of position.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
Well my targets for TT this year were a DT and an ILB. Still are, if Tramon realizes his market isn't what he thought it was, he will be back in G&G for cheap. So CB is something that wont be in dire straights. We go after a guy like Dan Williams at DT, or even get our own two back in Raji and Guion (who should come really cheap considering their circumstances), plus a stop-gap at ILB and it makes the first couple rounds of the draft a true luxury draft. You can really take the best football player on the board regardless of position.

Thought you would have heard by now that Williams signed with the Raiders.

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 08:45:15 PM »
I'm still shocked that Harris didn't get more opportunities.  The dude is a threat in the open field.

Yeah, me, too. I think that's one way MM could stand to be more like Belichick: use different personnel for different games based on the matchups. They latched onto Starks as the No. 2, which he earned, but in games where speed would've helped, Harris should've been active.

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 09:33:30 PM »

Yeah, me, too. I think that's one way MM could stand to be more like Belichick: use different personnel for different games based on the matchups. They latched onto Starks as the No. 2, which he earned, but in games where speed would've helped, Harris should've been active.

Hard for me to quibble with team that just went 12-4... only game that I think should have won is @ Buffalo where they should have run more.

Saints game was fluke with Rodgers injury... at Seattle knew would be very tough and at Detroit as well.

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:55 PM »
Just updating my original post: Looks like Housler is going to the Ravens or Bengals.

Sigh. He could've been a really shiny new toy for Rodgers to target, and he'll probably sign for peanuts. Next on my list would be James Casey he's 30 but an underrated receiver who got crowded out in an Eagles offense where even the waterboy catches passes.