October 20, 2017, 04:42:55 PM

Author Topic: Report: Seahawks will pursue Tramon Williams.  (Read 1845 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Report: Seahawks will pursue Tramon Williams.
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:41:38 PM »
Numerous reports.  Take it for what its worth.

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Report: Seahawks will pursue Tramon Williams.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 08:05:23 AM »
Maybe we can swap Williams for Maxwell...

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »
But they wont be pursuing Adrian Peterson:

From EPSN: "Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch has decided to return to the NFL and has agreed to a new contract with the Seahawks, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The one-year deal is worth $11 million, including a $1 million base salary, a $9 million signing bonus and a $1 million roster bonus, a source told ESPN's John Clayton"

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:00:34 PM by Leader »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:01:47 PM »
That's the weirdest 1 year contract I've ever heard of!?

How does that impact their cap, I wonder??

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
Actually I dont know - but think by making the majority of it signing/roster bonuses - its better for the CAP.

Offline Sancho746

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
Pft is saying 3years 30 million, but there's contingencies regarding the signing bonus if he retires next year

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:54:27 PM »
Since they signed Cary Williams and Blackmon, I guess Tramon is gone for them.

From what I read, Cary Williams got six million.

TT would never go that high with Tramon.

Which I think means he is gone.  Its amazing what House and him will get.

We have to draft at least one CB, probably two.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 06:54:26 AM »
The Seahawks are apparently out of the picture, but another team might very well be interested in TW: the Patriots.

They've just lost Revis, and there are rumblings that Browner might also be going elsewhere. So, suddenly an experienced, solid corner that could be gotten relatively cheaply for a couple of years might be very appealing to them, because this is their modus operandi: sign FA's cheaply that fit the system, use them then sign someone else.

Bottom line: if the Packers want Williams, they're going to have to make their intentions clear pretty quickly. I still think adding one or two million a year could bring him back. This should be possible, especially since both major FA's, Bulaga and Cobb, have been re-signed at relatively friendly levels. And the loss of House should act as a wake up. Because the last thing I want to see is another debacle, like at backup QB or safety we've seen the last few years.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 08:12:35 AM »
The Seahawks are apparently out of the picture, but another team might very well be interested in TW: the Patriots.

They've just lost Revis, and there are rumblings that Browner might also be going elsewhere. So, suddenly an experienced, solid corner that could be gotten relatively cheaply for a couple of years might be very appealing to them, because this is their modus operandi: sign FA's cheaply that fit the system, use them then sign someone else.

Bottom line: if the Packers want Williams, they're going to have to make their intentions clear pretty quickly. I still think adding one or two million a year could bring him back. This should be possible, especially since both major FA's, Bulaga and Cobb, have been re-signed at relatively friendly levels. And the loss of House should act as a wake up. Because the last thing I want to see is another debacle, like at backup QB or safety we've seen the last few years.

I'm confident GB has made its intentions clear. Whether thats "final" I've no clue but would doubt it. Sounds to me they're letting the market dictate TW's value - which is good for TW. I suspect he'll want to hear as many offers as possible because its definitely an inflationary market.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:13:26 AM by Leader »

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 09:01:49 AM »
Now that they paid Graham will they be able to give TWill more than what we offered?