October 20, 2017, 04:42:43 PM

Author Topic: Eagles Reportedly Acquire DeMarco Murray  (Read 3882 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: Eagles Reportedly Acquire DeMarco Murray
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »
McCoy was scheduled to make about $25m, but only $1m was guaranteed. Murray gets about $26m guaranteed. Kelly is, to my eyes, showing a complete lack of understanding of cap management. He'd better win a bunch of games, 'cause his hands are severely tied now.
They say you judge a man by his enemies. Well, I'm Deplorable! And Proud of it!

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
Good point Mark.

Whenever you turn over personnel to the head coach, you run the danger of a 12 year old let loose in a candy store.

I have seen it happen a lot.

What Kelly has done seems really a gamble to me.  He has three RB's who are going to eat up a lot of the CAP.

He then signs an injury prone QB at 16.8 million? 

In the process, he cuts his starting QB, his starting RB, and his best WR.

He had better have a great defensive draft.  Or  they are going to have to score a lot of points to win.

Offline Pack2SB

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 04:42:15 PM »
Kelly's up to something. He's said their not going to mortgage the future so, maybe he's going to do some major trading during the draft with players he picked up in FA so he can get Mariotta. He's not done yet and will be a feeding frenzy for the media if goes bonkers during the draft.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
Kelly's up to something. He's said their not going to mortgage the future so, maybe he's going to do some major trading during the draft with players he picked up in FA so he can get Mariotta. He's not done yet and will be a feeding frenzy for the media if goes bonkers during the draft.

He did make the comment that he was already offered a 1st round pick by some mystery team for Bradford.

Might just be smoke/mirrors, but if that's true he could, indeed, be stocking up to move up and nab "his" QB.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 08:25:34 PM »
I know everyone expects him to take his QB from Oregon but I really think he's looking at the UCLA QB.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!