December 15, 2017, 08:14:11 AM

Author Topic: Harvin pursuit - Is Jennings on the radar?  (Read 12172 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Harvin pursuit - Is Jennings on the radar?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »
Oakland??

He could pair up with buddy James Jones.

They still have plenty of green to throw around too.

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
I'd welcome him back to GB at the right price, but it's more likely he'll land in either Oakland or Miami to be reunited with Philbin.  I just don't see him coming back here.
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline ptisme

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 02:13:05 PM »
I was kind of surprised by the rumors and articles about us pursuing Percy Harvin.  I thought we were pretty loaded at WR especially with Abbredis and the other kid.  So, my rumor comes from some folks who live in Minneapolis.  They are hearing that Greg Jennings wants to come back to Green Bay.  Has anyone else heard anything similar?  I'm sure it's all about price, but what if?  (Jennings, R. Rogers, Cobb, Adams, Nelson would make a pretty good crop of receivers).  Maybe we draft all defense and OL!
I don't know....  After the smack he talked about Rodgers, our educational system, "brainwashed"...   I'd just as soon see what Janis and abbredaris can do...

Offline EXIT_HERE

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 02:21:02 PM »
Ughh no thanks. I don't think there is any doubt that some of the things Jennings sister was saying on twitter was coming straight from jennings. Guy grew an ego after the Superbowl.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:21:51 PM by EXIT_HERE »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 02:23:46 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12482932/minnesota-vikings-release-wide-receiver-greg-jennings

The wide receiver was the team's nominee for the 2015 Ed Block Courage Award, which he was scheduled to receive on Tuesday for his work with the community. Jennings had built a house in the Twin Cities area and talked regularly about how much he and his family loved the area, saying he was planning to live in Minnesota after he retired.

I wonder if his plans will change now?

The weather is pretty nice in CA and FL.   :D

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 02:24:07 PM »
Ughh no thanks. I don't think there is any doubt that some of the things Jennings sister was saying on twitter was coming straight from jennings. Guy grew an ego after the Superbowl.

Yeah he'd definitely have to get her okay first.

Honestly though, GB probably would like to develop some of the younger guys on the roster first. Just my opinion though. Who knows

Offline Favre2Rodgers

• Starter
Vikings cut Greg Jennings do we want him back?
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 02:43:16 PM »
Vikings cut Greg Jennings do we want him back? I say get him if it's a team friendly price.

Now that we have Cobb locked up do we take a pass on him and develop younger guys?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/14/vikings-part-ways-with-greg-jennings-after-mike-wallace-trade/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:54:37 PM by Favre2Rodgers »

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 03:53:10 PM »

Can't see the Pack bringing Jennings back. His best days are behind him, plus the Packers are already loaded with good young prospects.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »
Another possible landing spot for Jennings is Chicago.  With Marshall gone, they'll likely be looking for another veteran target for Cutler to join Jeffrey!
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »
Another possible landing spot for Jennings is Chicago.  With Marshall gone, they'll likely be looking for another veteran target for Cutler to join Jeffrey!

I would also add Kansas City to that list.  They got rid of Bowe and really have only MacClin in the fold.  Need another veteran presence.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »
I don't know what Jennings was real... The one that got butt hurt and made that whole pissing match with Aaron and the Pack. BTW he was the only one really participating. Or is he the Jennings that seemed humble and hard working for his career here?

I just don't see a reason to spend more money on WR's ... I don't hold a grudge, but I think his time in GB has passed. Wish him luck as long as he ends up in the AFC :).

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 08:43:30 PM »
Oakland??

He could pair up with buddy James Jones.

They still have plenty of green to throw around too.

Oakland needs to lock up Jennings, then go out and grab Dujuan Harris and Matt Flynn.  Basically become the Packers B Squad

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2015, 08:49:46 PM »

Sorry, but that would violate the "cruel and unusual punishment" clause in the Constitution.Though after bellyaching about AR and GB, it would be fitting if he had to have Cutler throwing him passes.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 09:26:16 PM »
Jennings was an excellent player for us, and he's still good.  I think he'd be very effective for us, and I'd love to have him.  But that ship has sailed.  No $$$ for a #4 receiver. 

Sorry, Greg, you're going someplace else.

Jennings was a quality receiver in Green Bay,  The kool aid drinkers agreed until he left.

Online Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 09:57:15 PM »
Jennings was an excellent player for us, and he's still good.  I think he'd be very effective for us, and I'd love to have him.  But that ship has sailed.  No $$$ for a #4 receiver. 

Sorry, Greg, you're going someplace else.

Jennings was a quality receiver in Green Bay,  The kool aid drinkers agreed until he left.

Don't bash kool-aid, it's a multi-purpose tool. Hair dye AND a refreshing beverage? Love it