December 15, 2017, 08:12:07 AM

Author Topic: Tramon is a Brown  (Read 9695 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: Tramon is a Brown
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 10:30:27 AM »
I wont quote it to save space and eye-wear as people read over stuff :) but I agree with B's post. Nobody "dislikes" TW and his leaving puts GB in a bit of a spot - but his 2014 play wasn't what it had been and while its nice to have somebody to trot out there every game, TW was moving further away from the shut down corner concept. It happens and the team will have to adjust and action it - which has happened in the past as well. You gotta put your money somewhere - and just because you have it (20M CAP space) doesn't mean its to be thrown down the tube. We move on. 

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:32 PM »
Guy was a heck of a find for the Packers. Had great years in Green Bay(his greatest actually). So I can't fault him or any other player for going to cash-in at any stage in their career. Teams and players need to take care of themselves. Good job Tramon and thanks for the SB win brother.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2015, 02:00:55 PM »
Guy was a heck of a find for the Packers. Had great years in Green Bay(his greatest actually). So I can't fault him or any other player for going to cash-in at any stage in their career. Teams and players need to take care of themselves. Good job Tramon and thanks for the SB win brother.

It is a business, and I certainly am not faulting Tramon for his decision. Like I said, he will be well compensated to sooth adjusting to going from an annual contender, to an annual also ran...

Wish him nothing but the best in Cleveland, where he will be likely be a highly paid number 3 CB who likely will be a CAP cut in 2 years, and since we're talking the Browns here - maybe as early as next year.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

maxman44

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2015, 09:03:36 AM »
Wowser that's a lot of cabbage
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde  31s32 seconds ago 
Per @RavensInsider, Tramon Williams'  three-year, $21M Browns deal includes $10M guaranteed: 1.5M bonus, $3.7M 2015 base, $6.2M 2016 base.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
Enjoy the money, Tramon.  Also enjoy sitting at home during the playoffs as you will never play in them again. Finally, enjoy playing in nowheresville.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »
I have a feeling Tramon is going to find out rather quickly why the Browns are the Browns and might regret this move.  I don't blame him for cashing in but of all of the teams in the league Cleveland has to be one of the most dysfunctional ones around.   :P