December 15, 2017, 08:14:21 AM

Author Topic: Vikings sign Dujuan Harris  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
Vikings sign Dujuan Harris
« on: March 19, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »
And so continues the long conga line of former Packers to Minnesota.

It's a 1 year, $660,000 deal.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:10:08 PM by Zyvlyn »

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
Re: Vikings sign Dujuan Harris
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:09:01 PM »
His two best games yardage-wise (100, 87) came against Minnesota, including the playoff game two seasons ago.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Another minor league transfer......
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »

DuJuan Harris signs with the Vikings....

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/296927921.html

Offline B

• HOF Member
Garbage pick up in Aisle 26...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:00:32 PM »
The Vikings just signed former Packer RB DuJuan Harris to go with former Packer TE Brandon Bostick, after Green Bay threw both guys away as having no future in GB
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Re: Garbage pick up in Aisle 26...
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:23:20 PM »
I like Harris to be honest... It just didn't work out. While I hate to see him stay in the same division, I don't fault a team for picking him up ... Basically, I think this is a pretty disrespectful thread title.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:24:07 PM by Toddfather »

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:31:32 PM »
I like Harris to be honest... It just didn't work out. While I hate to see him stay in the same division, I don't fault a team for picking him up ... Basically, I think this is a pretty disrespectful thread title.
frankly I agree. I meant it as a playful shot at the Vikings but upon reflection I agree with you
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 09:10:07 AM »
Funny they let Harris walk, he didn't perform because he wasn't ever used in the backfield. An when he got liited shots it was with the B squad so his chances weren't high. Further disturbing is that Lacy and Starks are injury prone, so who fills the second role when one of them is hurt???? This team is ending up with too many holes too quickly and the draft won't fill them all.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline WTX_Cheese

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »
I always thought Harris had a terrific burst and played hard, but being the #3 at any position on a team doesn't usually mean you'll be around too long. Especially if you've been around for a few years.

The Green Bay to Minnesota thing with players has been going on soooo long, that it's definitely more than a coincidence. I wonder what the thinking is in Minnesota? Or is it more our players wanting to strike some revenge on the team that spurned them?

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
I don't like this.

Harris has always been underestimated because of his size and his lack of straight line speed.

But he is  like the little engine that could.  He is a good all purpose back.  And whether or not AP stays in Minny, he will help the Vikes.

If I was TT, with 21 million left, I would have signed him.

Am getting a bit worried about the Vikes.  First Wallace, now this, and if they keep AP, I mean and if Bridgewater is the real deal?

This means they can concentrate on defense in the draft.  I think they will take the best CB available in Trae Waynes.  And that will help them a lot.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:16:56 PM by Gregg »

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
I hear you Gregg, but I think Harris (who I once was pretty excited about) lost some burst with his patellar tendon injury. He will be 27 when the season starts and I cannot see him displacing either McKinnon or Asiata who IMO are locks. If Peterson returns the Vikings (barring injury) don't have room for him on their roster.

Plus Rajion Neal, 5'11" 220, returns for the Packers, is only 22 and does not have Harris' injury history. Add to that a deep RB class coming out and I think as much as we like the DuJuan Harris story, his window is likely closed.

-Vince Lombardi

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 12:59:56 PM »
For MM, who used to gush about Harris, to hardly give him a sniff on offense in 2014, there has to be something missing. He looked absolutely dreadful on kick returns, it's a wonder they even let him do that for most of the season.

I wrote this in the other Harris thread, but his two best games (by far) came against the Vikings. It's no surprise that they're bringing him in for a look. That said, it's a one year, minimum-type contract. There's a good chance he doesn't even make the team.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 03:47:36 PM »
I hear you Gregg, but I think Harris (who I once was pretty excited about) lost some burst with his patellar tendon injury. He will be 27 when the season starts and I cannot see him displacing either McKinnon or Asiata who IMO are locks. If Peterson returns the Vikings (barring injury) don't have room for him on their roster.

Plus Rajion Neal, 5'11" 220, returns for the Packers, is only 22 and does not have Harris' injury history. Add to that a deep RB class coming out and I think as much as we like the DuJuan Harris story, his window is likely closed.

Agree B.

Plus MN has Asiata and McKinnon ahead of Harris on their depth chart.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 04:58:53 PM »
But Asiata is more of a FB type at six feet and 234 and 4.76 speed.

I was not aware of the aftereffects of that  injury so that might be the reason.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 06:34:05 PM »
But Asiata is more of a FB type at six feet and 234 and 4.76 speed.

I was not aware of the aftereffects of that  injury so that might be the reason.

Matt Asiata is a power back without great speed, but he put up 570 rushing yards 312 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns sharing the load with Jerick McKinnon who got 548 rushing & 138 receiving and 4.8 pre pop last season. DuJuan has only got 263 rushing and 38 receiving over his NFL career
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
DuJuan may have been this and that at some point back when - but thats his problem - for multiple reasons - its back when.
What he remains and will be with MINN is a "we shall see" circumstance - but clearly his GB production can be bettered by someone else.