December 16, 2017, 10:49:50 AM

Author Topic: Revis drew interest from Packers  (Read 2125 times)

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
Revis drew interest from Packers
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
Would like to know how much Green Bay might have offered him.  Can't think it was anywhere close to what he got.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481555/article/darrelle-revis-drew-interest-from-packers-ravens

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
Re: Revis drew interest from Packers
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:22:47 AM »
I'm sure they offered him quite a bit knowing that it would have to be competitive to get him to even consider coming to GB.  That being said, I don't think he was taking any offer in GB unless it was well above other offers, and clearly that's not Teds style.

Maybe he'll become a cancer in the locker room over the next few years and Ted can get him on a Woodson like deal  ;D

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:24:43 AM »
I suspect Ted inquired about Revis but I doubt there were any serious talks.  Everybody and their uncle knew Revis was looking for another big payday.

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
I'm sure they offered him quite a bit knowing that it would have to be competitive to get him to even consider coming to GB.

Agree with this. I can't imagine the front office purposely checking in on Revis just to insult the guy.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 03:30:15 PM »
More like.....
Phone ringing.....
"Hello..is the agent for Darrell Revis?"
"Why...yes it is....can I help you win a Super Bowl today?"
"Nahhhhh...more like...this is the GBP's and we're making up our list of FA's we'd never pay for and weren't sure if it was Reavis or Revis"

:)

Offline Zyvlyn

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:39 PM »
At least it's an explanation for why Thompson was sitting on 20 million.  Makes a lot of sense if he was trying to go after Revis.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 12:47:07 PM »
Not dissing DR's talent - but I dont think TT would ever CONCEIVE to lay that much cash + commitment out to a CB.
There's roster balance to consider and there's a reason DR's moved from one roster to another - and its not because of lack of talent.
He simply costs too much. Thats my take and its pure opinion, but I dont think GB/TT ever seriously considered it. 

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »
Not dissing DR's talent - but I dont think TT would ever CONCEIVE to lay that much cash + commitment out to a CB.
There's roster balance to consider and there's a reason DR's moved from one roster to another - and its not because of lack of talent.
He simply costs too much.
Thats my take and its pure opinion, but I dont think GB/TT ever seriously considered it.

Couldn't agree more.

That being said I wouldn't mind renting him for a year like the Pats did and trying to get Rodgers a 2nd SB!

(That's figuring the Jets blow everything up in the next 2 years and DR is back on the market)

Offline Beagle

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »
He simply costs too much. Thats my take and its pure opinion, but I dont think GB/TT ever seriously considered it.

Agree completely.
Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. -V. Lombardi

Offline philepps85

• All Pro
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:35 PM »
It's completely plausible that Thompson offered Revis a major one- or two-year deal. Five years for a soon-to-be 30-year-old? Click.

Looking back, I'm actually surprised TT didn't make a run at Mr. Island last year. The short-term rental worked out well for Belichick.