October 20, 2017, 04:43:57 PM

Author Topic: Gregg, I see your boy Stefen Wisniewski is still out there...  (Read 1242 times)

Online B

• HOF Member
I hear he was just in Jacksonville and has been making the rounds without closing the deal. Do you know the skinny on why he is still unsigned? Injury lingering? or drop off in play? Both?

Sincere question, I really am wondering why Oakland seems willing to let him walk and why he's still available?
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
Re: Gregg, I see your boy Stefen Wisniewski is still out there...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »
It has been a brutal free agency for some.  Wisniewski is not the only one.

Michael Crabtree having a similar result:  Just read that he was hoping for 9 million a year, and now is still without an offer and not guaranteed to make a 53 man roster.

Seems like teams are more reluctant to over pay.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:45:11 PM by Twain »
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Re: Gregg, I see your boy Stefen Wisniewski is still out there...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »
Read an interesting article....on SI I believe...about market plight that FA WR's are facing - with a slant on teams downsizing the positions salary outlay via the draft. Many WR's are coming out of school early in order to start the rookie contract clock - but showing some stuff on the field. Producing at levels higher than WR's years past. So the FA's are facing a formidable comp - cheap labor.

I expect negotiations on the next CBA will have considerable battles over rookie salary levels. Even with a fixed salary % the leagues making a killing and I suspect the NFLPA will want to level that playing field.

Guys are getting "marketed" out of an NFL career faster and faster.....