December 16, 2017, 10:52:16 AM

Author Topic: Your Dream #1  (Read 8441 times)

Offline Redt

• Starter
Your Dream #1
« on: January 07, 2017, 09:02:39 AM »
Going into Wild-Card weekend and not knowing the results or complete draft order, pick your favorite of the 2017 class and why.

My pick O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama.

Adding a play-maker at TE who is already an accomplished blocker would create years of mismatches to come, especially with Rodgers at the helm. I would re-sign Cook and Lacy which would provide interchangeable TE's or play together, leaving Lacy and Montgomery as our 1-2 punch backfield. With #2 I would go corner and I think some good ones will be available.
What you say?

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Your Dream #1
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 06:49:11 PM »
At this snapshot moment, I like one of these as a Packers first round pick. My opinion can (and probably will) change as the draft draws closer and we get more information.
1st choice  WR Corey Davis W.Michigan
2nd choice CB Cordrea Tankersley Clemson
3rd choice  OLB Takkarist McKinley UCLA
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »
1st - Demarcus Walker (OLB/Edge rusher)

2nd - Alvin Kamara (RB)

3rd - Chidobe Awuzie (CB)

4th - Cole Hikutini (TE)

4th-a (comp-IMO) Amba Etta-Tawo (WR)

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
1st - Demarcus Walker (OLB/Edge rusher)

2nd - Alvin Kamara (RB)

3rd - Chidobe Awuzie (CB)

4th - Cole Hikutini (TE)

4th-a (comp-IMO) Amba Etta-Tawo (WR)

Awuzie is one of my favorite prospects in this draft.  I think he's going to likely go earlier then the 3rd unless he bombs is athletic testing.  He's a great all around CB (in coverage, run support and blitzing).  I was at the Michigan/ Colorado game this year and he was the best player on either team IMO.  If he played on a higher profile team he'd be a lot more hyped. 

Love those first 3 picks.  Walker is one of the best edge rushers in this draft (I believe he lead FBS in sacks.  Kamara is a duel threat RB who's got wheels. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:09:04 PM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 04:06:08 PM »
If this is dreaming time, I'm going for Myles Garrett. Reality, I'd like Malik McDowell to slide to us. Otherwise, OJ Howard or Corey Davis!
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 07:51:15 PM »
I assume you mean dream pick that the Packers have a reasonable chance to get.

While I would love to get Howard as a complete tight end or Njoku as a Calvin Johnson type receiver they are luxuries on an offense that puts up 30 points .   Getting a pass rusher like Harris or Mc Kinley would do more to improve the weakest area of the team

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 10:05:12 PM »
Clemson WR Mike Williams as Jordys eventual replacement or Dalvin Cook, who would be a Marshall Faulk in this offense.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:08:54 AM »
so much talent at CB in the 1st, I would be happy with a few guys

Takk is a fav of mine

a guy I want AFTER the 1st.   
Tanoh Kpassagnon.   This kid is going to be a game changer

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »
Clemson WR Mike Williams as Jordys eventual replacement or Dalvin Cook, who would be a Marshall Faulk in this offense.

Williams looked amazing last night with the way he went up and got some of those balls.  Clemson doesn't win that game without him.
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline vain616

• Rookie
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
I really think we're gonna need another CB... my dream pick would be Sidney Jones IV. Jones is 6' and a stud CB, which we could use in our secondary. This draft is deep with quality CBs.

Although I wouldn't be surprised with a edge rusher in the first. I don't have a favorite there, but could see that happening.

I really like OJ Howard, but doubt GB will draft a TE in the first.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »
Pass rusher is still at the top of my list.

If one of......... (in order of preference)
Solomon Thomas / Stanford
Demarcus Walker / FSU
Charles Harris / Mizzu

..............are still on the board when GB picks, I hope Ted takes one of them.

You know, (recently) Missouri just keeps producing successful pass rushers practically year after year.

2011 - Aldon Smith
2013 - Sheldon Richardson
2014 - Kony Ealy
2015 - Marcus Golden, Shane Ray

If Thomas and Walker are gone when it's Ted's turn, I'd have no problem with taking Charles Harris.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 06:44:34 AM »
TJ Watt...

I know it's a little high to take him in the first but he's a leader and plays with emotion.  Think he'll develop into an all pro.

Maybe TT can engineer a trade back and still get him.  Rated as a mid 2 right now but he may rise.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 01:50:15 PM »
Sidney Jones, CB

Online cheech

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 07:45:21 AM »
The further we fall down the draft board and the more I watch our secondary, the more I want Desmond King. 

King will fall down draft boards throughout the testing process.  Others will have more length or speed.  Potential.  I'm afraid that P word is what brought us two marginal at best CB's that Ted used prime draft picks on.  Some draft "experts" want to see King at FS.  Why?  Because he hits like one. 

King is a football player that can do EVERYTHING.  Micah Hyde with much more athleticism and a touch more strength.  People are going to doubt King's ability to match up on the boundary with faster receivers.  I'm not concerned.  Gunter ran 4.64 and 4.66 in his 40. 
I'm right and everyone else does not have an opinion worth talking about.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
The further we fall down the draft board and the more I watch our secondary, the more I want Desmond King. 

King will fall down draft boards throughout the testing process.  Others will have more length or speed.  Potential.  I'm afraid that P word is what brought us two marginal at best CB's that Ted used prime draft picks on.  Some draft "experts" want to see King at FS.  Why?  Because he hits like one. 

King is a football player that can do EVERYTHING.  Micah Hyde with much more athleticism and a touch more strength.  People are going to doubt King's ability to match up on the boundary with faster receivers.  I'm not concerned.  Gunter ran 4.64 and 4.66 in his 40.

I agree. King is number one on my wish list. He's a pure corner with great technique and ball skills. With you on his speed as well, I actually think he'll run pretty well, low 4.5s. Fast enough with great recognition and anticipation will always be better than just fast. Just like you can't teach speed, you can't teach instincts. Some guys just have that innate feel for the game and he has it.

Green Bay has a history of drafting Iowa players, so the chances are good if he's available. I personally, think he'll go before guys like Jalen Tabor and Sidney Jones. I don't think many of the top DBs are going to overshadow his athleticism. Humphrey might be the only one who really separates from the rest of the prospects.

Gunter is actually pretty slow. He can play over the top technique and still get beat by a fast WR. His lack of speed lets QBs throw their WRs open more easily. I like him, but his lack of speed is an issue. Seriously, if he ran in the 4.5s he'd be a much better cover corner. He lacks deep speed and recovery speed. If he gets beat at the line, he's burnt toast. His speed really limits what he can do.