April 29, 2017, 06:15:04 AM

Author Topic: With the 29th pick in the 2017 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers Select!!!  (Read 9145 times)

Offline gbnd4life

• Second String
Alvin Kamara!!! Running back Tennessee!!!

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Kamara, eh. As they said (when McCaffrey was mentioned as a first round pick on Cheesehead TV) "Burn it, burn it with fire !"

I go back and forth over drafting a CB first (I like Gareon Conley), or an OLB. I'll settle for UCLA OLB Takkarist McKinley, though if Vanderbilt's Zach Cunningham is there, he would be great as an ILB.

Ricky. "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Because he won the underwear olympics today at RB, 40 time aside which was slow? Seriously, my TV is going to be in jeopardy if we take a RB in round 1. If we take that kid at RB in round 1 my TV has no chance.

In order, OLB, CB, TE, DL (pass rusher).

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:53:37 PM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline 246 toothpicks

• Starter
Charles Harris 3-4 OLB- Mizzou.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
I really like McCaffrey as a player, but I'll be slightly disappointed if he's their first pick. I'd like any of the following: Charles Harris, Adoree Jackson, Gareon Conley, and even Jabril Peppers.
Signature deleted for inappropriate content!!!!

LMG

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
I've been up and down with several players at #29.
Demarcus Walker..........especially if he drops 12-15 lbs to play OLB.
TJ Watt...........His brothers say he's the most athletically gifted of the three.
Charles Harris..........another edge rusher from Mizzu, and they've put several in the NFL over the last few years.
Alvin Kamara...........this player might be an even better receiver than he is a runner. Ton of versatility.

But the player I'm NOW keeping my eye on at the Combine, and who might be "the freak" of the bunch is Haason Reddick.
At 237 lbs they speculate he might run a 4.47 forty at the Combine.

He could play ILB & OLB (like CM3) in Capers defense.

I don't know how defenses could/would be able to  account for both of them on every snap.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Tim, Williams, TJ Watt, Charles Harris, or Malik McDowell.

I saw a mock with us getting OJ Howard. I don't think there is any way he falls that far, but would gladly have him as well. NO RUNNING BACK in first three rounds please.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline SSGCujo

• All Pro
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
 TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin.

Offline ramrod

• Starter
1. Charles Harris
2. T J Watt
3. Hasson Reddick
 One of these three should fall. Then I want Desmond King in the second. I have a feeling someone is going to give Micah Hyde a contract that Thompson won't want to touch. King would be an excellent replacement. Resign Perry, move Clay inside, and then pay Stephon Gilmore.
 That is my recipe for what ailes our defense. A lockdown corner and a fresh edge rusher.

Offline armchair qb

• All Pro
If it is someone NOT on the defensive side of the ball there is a good chance I'll be disappointed.  CB/OLB/ILB are my choices of position depending on who is available.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
If I had to chose right now it's Watt. I just don't know if he makes it to 29.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline packdaddy

• All Pro
Takkarist McKinley

He could be gone by our pick, but then again, he just had surgery.  But I view an OLB as a higher round one priority than CB, because I'm of the school of thought that a good pass rush helps the CBs more than the other way around.

Online PackerJoe

• All Pro
A speedy linebacker or DE.  My preferences are Reddick, Cunningham, LB from Florida and Willis.  All sub 4.6 guys! 

I've been pretty consistent about this.  I like Watt alot and saw him play in alot of games. My problem with watt is his 40 is around 4.7.  We already have plenty of those types around and we looked pretty silly against Atlanta because of it!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
If Ted signs Connor Barwin, then I'm definitely on the Hasson Reddick bandwagon for the pick at #29 and play him at ILB.

The guy is a freak athlete!

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/haason-reddick?id=2557887

But he also put up the production in college to backup the "underwear olympics".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:29:17 PM by dannobanano »

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Reddick has the Clay Matthews like flexibility to play inside or out.....and that has value

I like Carl Lawson as an OLB, though I like McKinley more. If the choice was to draft a guy to play a linebacker position, I'd go McKinley and Reddick joint tops (McKinley as the better pass rusher, Reddick as the more flexible positionally), then Lawson, then Watt and Harris. equal.
Ricky. "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "