November 23, 2017, 12:24:30 PM

Author Topic: Packers CEO: We want Ted Thompson to remain GM  (Read 737 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Packers CEO: We want Ted Thompson to remain GM
« on: July 12, 2017, 07:19:30 PM »
Bill Belichick said this off-season he like to keep doing what he is doing until he's 80. TT is only 64, maybe he could stay on for another 10 years anyways.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000819535/article/packers-ceo-we-want-ted-thompson-to-remain-gm

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Packers CEO: We want Ted Thompson to remain GM
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »
Tony Romo says that Aaron Rodgers can play until he is 45. Get MM an extension and we have status quo until 2028.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000819602/article/tony-romo-aaron-rodgers-can-play-until-hes-45

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 12:32:51 AM »
Tony Romo says that Aaron Rodgers can play until he is 45. Get MM an extension and we have status quo until 2028.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000819602/article/tony-romo-aaron-rodgers-can-play-until-hes-45

I'd love it if Aaron could play to that age but history isn't on his side.  Only a small handful of QBs played in the NFL after their 40th birthday and only 2 or 3 of them were starting.

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »

I'd love it if Aaron could play to that age but history isn't on his side.  Only a small handful of QBs played in the NFL after their 40th birthday and only 2 or 3 of them were starting.

Brady gets held out as an example of how proper lifestyle can extend a career.  He's 40 this year, and it seemed to me that by the end of last year he was losing velocity on the ball.  I could be wrong about that, but it made me think he is closer to the end than many think.   We will see how he and Rodgers do against father time, but I don't see anyone getting to 45 in this league and still playing at a top tier level..
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »

Brady gets held out as an example of how proper lifestyle can extend a career.  He's 40 this year, and it seemed to me that by the end of last year he was losing velocity on the ball.  I could be wrong about that, but it made me think he is closer to the end than many think.   We will see how he and Rodgers do against father time, but I don't see anyone getting to 45 in this league and still playing at a top tier level..

In the NFL there is a big difference between 40 and 45.  Most folks think Brady will be Brady this coming season.  He could be but you never know.  In 2009 a 40 year old Favre looked like a world beater.  In 2010 not so much.