November 23, 2017, 12:27:50 PM

Author Topic: Your surprise cut?  (Read 2809 times)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Your surprise cut?
« on: September 01, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »
Who is that guy most here think made the roster and is going to get cut or traded?

Mine is Jeff Janis. I think most here think he's a lock because of special teams and what he's done as a WR. My reasons for thinking he's getting cut.

1. He's a free agent at the end of this year.
2. We have other guys who can now play his gunner position on special teams as good or almost as good as he does.
3. We have 4 WRs who probably don't make the team that would provide more upside than he as a WR at this point.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Your surprise cut?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:13:34 AM »
Kyler Fackrell

I haven't seen a lot of the preseason action this summer but from what I am reading on numerous Packers' message boards/forums his performances this summer has been underwhelming.

Offline SDProfessor

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »
RJF is a possibility.

Also Ladarius Gunther.

Offline reaper3429

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »
Jayrone elliot,Gunter or Fackrell ( fackrell may make the team until biegel is ready if he goes on the pup )

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »
Jayrone elliot,Gunter or Fackrell ( fackrell may make the team until biegel is ready if he goes on the pup )

It appears that Fackrell has replaced Janis as the new Jarrett Bush. The player fans are sure needs to be cut.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 09:55:24 AM »

It appears that Fackrell has replaced Janis as the new Jarrett Bush. The player fans are sure needs to be cut.

The only thing he has in common with those players is that he's looked like nothing more than an extravagantly over hyped special teams player (more so in common with Jeff Janis than Bush). 

Saying that, I don't believe his roster spot is in jeopardy, even though he's bordered on disastrous this TC and Preseason.  Healthy body's at OLB are important even if he's just that as a football player, just a body. 

I think the cut is going to be Gunter even though he could very likely be our best CB. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:21:51 AM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »
I doubt he gets cut, but Joe Thomas is not a lock. Tripp is a better STer and the safeties have replaced him as cover LB's. Can't see 4 ILB's making it.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »
Kyler Fackrell

I haven't seen a lot of the preseason action this summer but from what I am reading on numerous Packers' message boards/forums his performances this summer has been underwhelming.

He's my pick as well. Got pushed around all night by the Rams backups.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 11:13:36 AM »
Kyler Fackrell

He's my pick as well. Got pushed around all night by the Rams backups.

Haven't seen enough preseason to have my own opinion but I will trust you guys that Fackrell basically stinks. Two questions: 1) does he get a reprieve because of Biegel being on the PUP? and 2) Do you keep udfa Gilbert instead of 3rd round pick Fackrell?

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 11:16:31 AM »
I don't see any reason to keep Fackrell, except as a face saving move by TT.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »

Elliott due to his back problems, which gives Gilbert a chance as the number 5 (top four Price, Matthews, Brooks, Fackrell). This is easier with Biegel on pup, which is likely. If Biegel doesn't go on pup he'd be ahead of Gilbert, being the first pick in round 4.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 11:53:14 AM »
Got pushed around all night by the Rams backups.

That he did...

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »

Maybe though he got rid of Khyri Thorton early who was actually selected 3 picks earlier.  Fackrell is a lot like Thorton.  Older rookies, small school players that struggled BADLY in practice, TC and preseason.  If Fackrell keeps his job, IMO its only because of how terribly thin we are at OLB and that our starters at the position have proven that they simply can't be depended on to stay healthy.  Had Datone Jones still been on this current roster, I don't believe Fackrell would make the team. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline jameslofton

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »
They may cut both Jeff Janis and Trevor Davis to make room for the next guys.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 04:13:08 PM »

Maybe though he got rid of Khyri Thorton early who was actually selected 3 picks earlier.  Fackrell is a lot like Thorton.  Older rookies, small school players that struggled BADLY in practice, TC and preseason.  If Fackrell keeps his job, IMO its only because of how terribly thin we are at OLB and that our starters at the position have proven that they simply can't be depended on to stay healthy.  Had Datone Jones still been on this current roster, I don't believe Fackrell would make the team.

Gregg. QB Brohm (2nd round pick) was gone in year two. I understand the desire to hang on to higher picks, there is a reason they are high rounders, and by virtue of being drafted high they must have shown that level of skill. Sometimes though, it becomes clear fairly early you have made a mistake.

With Fackrell you can see the speed, but more strength and more 'trust your instincts' is needed. Will it ever come ? No idea, but it's disappointing how he is progressing right now. As for face saving, in his job TT has never really cared what anyone thinks about him (apart from those in 1265). That being true, there is no rationale left for saving face, he evaluates, decides, moves on.

He is pretty much a law unto himself, and is allowed to be that, in Green Bay (which is not to say he isn't a good communicator with those on the inside).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"