September 25, 2017, 03:37:40 PM

Author Topic: TJ Watt  (Read 1147 times)

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
Re: TJ Watt
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »
I knew someone would say that. Which is why I posted it.

And on cue they did.

Here is the highlight reel, judge for yourself.  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000842465/T-J-Watt-highlights-Week-1

BTW, Carson Wentz tore it up today.  They actually got him some weapons which he put to good use.

Please. A highlight reel? Watch both sacks... first one Kizer is a sitting duck in a collapsing pocket on what looks like a 3 step drop. Your average veteran QB with proper footwork does not take that sack. 2nd sack? Looks like the coverage unit should be given all the credit on that one, and an honorable mention to the rookie QB.

His best play wasn't even on there where he outleveraged Joe Thomas and hip tossed him to the ground. I actually watched the game, he didn't impress as much as the highlight reel would suggest. We'll get a first hand look this year to see if he really is the next Lawrence Taylor. My guess would be teams will start gameplanning for him and the more and more teams have tape on him the less effective he will become. Maybe wait until after the halfway mark and then start the parade.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 08:00:06 AM »
The second sack we was blocked by a TE out of the play. Definitely a coverage sack there. The first one a good spin move back inside after getting owned on an outside move. Kizer stepped rigth into it.

Hey, the kid has 2 sacks and looks like he's going to be a good player. I'm happy for him, but let's judge this in 2-3 years and see how King AND Biegel are playing for GB. That was what we got in the trade donw. Time will tell.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline ramrod

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 07:01:19 PM »
And now he is out with a groin injury.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »
And now he is out with a groin injury.

hmmmmmmm............. confused(