November 23, 2017, 12:28:49 PM

Author Topic: Eddie called his mama and said he wished he could go home  (Read 4191 times)

Offline B

• HOF Member
Eddie called his mama and said he wished he could go home
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:16:41 PM »
I'll bet Lacey realized he had the wrong green on. he didn't want any more of the punishment of our boys were putting on him every time he touched the ball.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Eddie called his mama and said he wished he could go home
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:25:08 PM »
He was openly asking if he should do a Lambeau leap? Well Eddy in order to score you have to advance the ball beyond the line of scrimmage, which I'm not sure you did today. Also, you have to jump your fat arse into the stands. That is something you probably are no longer capable of had you sniffed the endzone.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:26:56 PM »
I actually feel bad for Lacy.  He is a good back.  I was disappointed to see him leave the Packers.

The Seahawks have a genuinely bad offensive line at this point, so Lacy was on his own out there.   It doesn't look good for him in Seattle.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »
I actually feel bad for Lacy.  He is a good back.  I was disappointed to see him leave the Packers.

The Seahawks have a genuinely bad offensive line at this point, so Lacy was on his own out there.   It doesn't look good for him in Seattle.

True. Unlike the Seahawks as a team, I still like Lacy. I don't wish him ill, though I hope he doesn't have a career game when the two teams play (I'm not THAT generous).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:39:20 PM »
I still like Eddie too. I have doubts he even finishes the year on the Seattle roster, but I wish him the best.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »
I like Eddie too, especially when he gets three yards on five carries against us
-Vince Lombardi

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 08:06:56 PM »
Was great whenever he got a carry.  Seattle giving away downs. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 08:26:33 PM »
Why disrespect Lacy for signing with another team, when the Packers made it clear he was not in their future plans? Apparently, he was very well liked in the locker room, and he was a terrific asset for the Packers the first two years of his time in GB. Recall that Lacy effectively carried the team on his back when AR went down. Yes, he fell out of the graces of the team, but he never showed disrespect for the fans or the team. As far as the "leap" talk, if that gets your blood boiling, then you are indeed a fragile snowflake. Lacy was playing behind a terrible OL, getting hit in the backfield repeatedly. Seriously, B, this "punching down" is beneath you.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »
Why disrespect Lacy for signing with another team, when the Packers made it clear he was not in their future plans? Apparently, he was very well liked in the locker room, and he was a terrific asset for the Packers the first two years of his time in GB. Recall that Lacy effectively carried the team on his back when AR went down. Yes, he fell out of the graces of the team, but he never showed disrespect for the fans or the team. As far as the "leap" talk, if that gets your blood boiling, then you are indeed a fragile snowflake. Lacy was playing behind a terrible OL, getting hit in the backfield repeatedly. Seriously, B, this "punching down" is beneath you.

I used to disrespect him when he was a Packer. He's the one who was questioning if he should do a Lambeau leap today. Seems like his big butt couldn't  back up the check his big mouth wrote.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline big ror

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 08:53:44 PM »
As much as I love Ty, I nonetheless miss Lacy, still really like Lacy.  And I would love to see him back on this team, which I don't think is far fetched at all.
"BBD.  Boring by Design."

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »
I think the media started the “Lambeau Leap thing” by posing the question. In my opinion, Eddie could have been more mindful of his answer, and responded with something like, “I’ll have to score first.” But he didn’t, and the quote became click bait for ESPN and others.

Rushing results notwithstanding, I thought he appeared to be in pretty good shape...right now. I enjoy Lacy and I too wish him well, with the one significant exception duly noted and agreed with!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »
Lacy was fat and slow in Green Bay and he is fat and slow in Seattle.    Just like when he was in Green Bay, the Packers today were waiting for him when he ran wide.  Unless he drops 20-25 pounds, He's done.  It just takes him too long to get started, and that OL doesnt help.   The rookie Eddie Lacy is a far cry from what you see today, and credit the Packers for moving on.         

Offline Hincha

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:19 PM »
As much as I love Ty, I nonetheless miss Lacy, still really like Lacy.  And I would love to see him back on this team, which I don't think is far fetched at all.

Ditto...   hope you are right on the last comment.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 10:37:56 PM »
, no one here is disrespecting Lacy. On the other hand everyone here is enjoying seeing them gets free yards on five carries. So far it looks like it will turn out Ted was right not to open up the checkbook.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 10:55:30 PM »
, no one here is disrespecting Lacy. On the other hand everyone here is enjoying seeing them gets free yards on five carries. So far it looks like it will turn out Ted was right not to open up the checkbook.

The title of this thread is a little disrespectful, IMO. And I would say some of the comments from Packers fans over the past couple years have absolutely been disrespectful. Now, I understand that he's a football player and we tend to treat these guys like TV characters rather than humans. That's fine. People can say whatever they want about Lacy, give them the same treatment BJ Raji got, etc.

My two cents is that I enjoyed watching Eddie during his time here and he seems like a really friendly, sympathetic guy. I'm rooting for him.