December 18, 2017, 02:53:27 AM

Author Topic: Game 6: Green Bay (4+1) @ Minnesota  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
Game 6: Green Bay (4+1) @ Minnesota
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:27:58 PM »
When: 10/15 @ 1PM EST
Where: U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis

Maybe CHI will get lucky and MN will come into this game @ 2 + 3.
That would be nice  :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:28:45 PM by Leader »

Offline B

• HOF Member
Re: Game 6: Green Bay (4+1) @ Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:07:02 PM »
Would love to see the Bears beat the Vikings, even more importantly I would love to see the Bears physically beat the hell out of the Vikings.

Other big road game next week.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »
Pretty sure most would be thrilled with our 4-1 start given how the opponents looked on paper when the schedule came out. Need to go to MN and put a beatdown on them. I'd be shocked if Bradford plays against the Bears. I think they want to make sure they have him for us and believe they can beat the Bears without him.

I like our chances a lot. I want Jones to start at RB, Monty or not. I want McCarthy to keep pounding the rock in the middle of the Vikings defense too. They are more stout than the Cowboys. I want to find out if Jones is a special talent I think he might be.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline pacman5252

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 05:35:45 AM »
Next week will be tough. The vikes in mn with Sam are no joke. They would be 3-1 are 4-0 with a starting QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we are like 1 point underdogs. Their D is awesome

With that said we might finally have our starting ol next week. The D is healthyish. If we can get to the bye at 5-2 or 6-1, this team will be set up for a run.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »
Injuries not withstanding, this MN game is set up perfectly to be a "let down" game. One where "the player edge" seems to be missing - they're a step slow or behind. Hope not certainly but these DAL games have an emotional quality to them that can be mentally depleting.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 10:33:53 AM »
Injuries not withstanding, this MN game is set up perfectly to be a "let down" game. One where "the player edge" seems to be missing - they're a step slow or behind. Hope not certainly but these DAL games have an emotional quality to them that can be mentally depleting.

The mental letdown is coming. I was thinking it would be the Saints game the following week, the week before the bye. MM teams have laid some real eggs going into the bye weeks in the past. Can only hope they can stay motivated week-in and week-out. 

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »

The mental letdown is coming. I was thinking it would be the Saints game the following week, the week before the bye. MM teams have laid some real eggs going into the bye weeks in the past. Can only hope they can stay motivated week-in and week-out.

The positive side is they usually come out of the bye like a well oiled machine. But yeah it'll be interesting to see how they perform the next couple weeks.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
Hopefully we can get some guys back this week.  Bak?, Monty?, Brooks?, King?,   I saw Jordy wincing right after the overthrown 2 point conversion. Im not sure if thats when he went out of the game, but he looked like he did something.   He later said he'll be ok.   

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »
I think this team has a different mindset. They know the Super Bowl window is not very big and homefield advantage is an almost must for them. I see them razor sharp and ready to roll in MN.

My hope is McCarthy doesn't suddenly fall in love with his run game. Yes, I want Jones to get his carries, but let's get the passing game going and defense backing off before you try to run it too much. Otherwise, I see a lot of three and outs and allowing MN to stay in the game.

Offline OnaBadger58

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:09:25 PM »
Would love to see the Bears beat the Vikings, even more importantly I would love to see the Bears physically beat the hell out of the Vikings.

Other big road game next week.

Jordan Howard averaged 144 yards and 5.9 per carry last year vs. the Vikings. Who knows what Trubisky will do, but I'll give the Bears a puncher's chance.

Offline OnaBadger58

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 03:21:35 PM »
I don't see how a rivalry game like this is set up to be a "let down" game; especially after losing to them on the road last year. The Vikings have the Packers full attention, and will get the Packers best effort. Plus Rodgers needs to get a rehearsal W before the big one in February  :)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »

The positive side is they usually come out of the bye like a well oiled machine. But yeah it'll be interesting to see how they perform the next couple weeks.

That is also very true, hopefully they continue that trend this year.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »
Road divisional rivalry... Players, Coaches and Fans on both sides of the rivers will be totally jacked for this BIG game.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »
I'm waiting until after tonight's game between Minny and Chicago to see how it plays out.  Often times in the NFL, it's about momentum and timing.  I think GB will be keyed up to win this game with confidence given the following:  the loss in their house last year, the confidence they have going thus far this year, and the fact that this could be the stadium where they play their last game this year (in February)!   8)
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »
I don't think Case Keenum is going to beat us and after watching the first half, I see no way Bradford plays next week. He's a sitting duck in the pocket who can't move enough to protect himself. He falls down at the thought of contact.