October 20, 2017, 04:40:31 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread  (Read 3065 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »
Hopefully, this will be the first of two victories the Packers have at the Vikings Met Life Stadium this season. Because Rodgers, in particular, seems to be really hungry for another shot at the SB. Now, the Vikings have a good defense, but their offense, especially at QB, is extremely suspect. Bradford can't stay healthy and Keenum is not an NFL level starter. If the Packers can shut down the run and force the Vikes to go vertical, it should be game over sooner than later. So, this should be another win. Though, any given Sunday...

Just saw this at PFT, so perhaps Keenum might be better than I believe. Maybe. But he did that against the Bears. So that is a FWIW performance, IMO.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/10/vikings-should-consider-give-case-keenum-more-cash/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:08:02 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:27:40 PM »
Thanks Ricky and as usual we will reopen this thread on Game Day.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
  • PackerChatters Site Owner
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:12:34 PM »
Opening this up a litte early...busy in the morning.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 09:41:40 PM »
I hope MM is planning to everything he can to help this line out. Just like they did in the Chicago game. I have nothing but respect for the way Taylor, the TEs, and everyone has stepped in during our tackles being hurt. That being said Minny's D is the real deal, and they are going to be pumped to punch us in the mouth in their house. That place will be rocking. We need to quiet it down asap and keep Aaron upright.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 06:43:16 AM »
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery, listed as questionable on Friday's injury report, is expected to play and not be limited Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 06:57:18 AM »
Green Bay Packers running back Ty Montgomery, listed as questionable on Friday's injury report, is expected to play and not be limited Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

It will be interesting to see how they divide up the snaps. As a RB it is hard to get in a rhythm playing a few snaps here and there.

Online golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 07:09:12 AM »

It will be interesting to see how they divide up the snaps. As a RB it is hard to get in a rhythm playing a few snaps here and there.

I'd be surprised if Montgomery is going to be able to take much of a pounding with broken ribs. They don't heal in 14 days fully. I imagine he's going to get a shot prior to the game.

I'd like to see Jones get the bulk of the carries today to see if he can replicate that production from last week.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 07:21:53 AM »

Pro Football Spot‏ @pfspot 6m6 minutes ago

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Jones is expected to split carries with Ty Montgomery (ribs) this week.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 07:33:19 AM »

I'd be surprised if Montgomery is going to be able to take much of a pounding with broken ribs. They don't heal in 14 days fully. I imagine he's going to get a shot prior to the game.

I'd like to see Jones get the bulk of the carries today to see if he can replicate that production from last week.

The Packers medical staff would not allow him to play if they didn't feel he would be OK. None of us know the severity of the original injury, but ribs are a different animal than other bones in the body.

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 08:26:23 AM »
I think with the way Vikings crowd the line and blitz, might that not provide opportunities for screens and quick throws to back, with some space?  Montgomery's ability to "get the handoff" without needing to be standing next to Rodgers might facilitate some opportunities.  Jones hasn't been used in that fashion thus far. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 08:40:35 AM »
I think with the way Vikings crowd the line and blitz, might that not provide opportunities for screens and quick throws to back, with some space?  Montgomery's ability to "get the handoff" without needing to be standing next to Rodgers might facilitate some opportunities.  Jones hasn't been used in that fashion thus far.

I would think that Minnesota will approach this game defensively the same way that Atlanta did, believing that their DL can win their battle with  the Packers OL without blitzing. I don't believe that GB will be able to consistently move the ball today against this defense. First team to 20 wins. If the Packers defense struggles today, the Packers will end up with an L today. To me this game is all about the GB defense if they are to get the W, IMO.  twocents) 

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 08:41:19 AM »
Dont know the deal with 88's ribs - but I'm guessing based on the "success" of getting Jordy thru the ATL game, the GBPs think they have a method. Lets just say I'm skeptical - of the initial reports that he'll in fact play and of his ability to contribute. He'd better be prepared to "get on the ground" IMO - cause he'll be taking shots from folks looking to put him in pain. We've seen plenty of folks "giving it a go" (cant recall a RB doing it....) but few (to my memory) have gotten thru the game unscathed or been factors. 

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »

Not having seen squat of his college days, this was how I considered Jones would contribute the most - in the passing game.
He doesnt have the WR route tree in his head (like 88) - but I think he'll prove himself a capable pass catcher who can snag YAC.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 08:48:26 AM »
Dont know the deal with 88's ribs - but I'm guessing based on the "success" of getting Jordy thru the ATL game, the GBPs think they have a method. Lets just say I'm skeptical - of the initial reports that he'll in fact play and of his ability to contribute. He'd better be prepared to "get on the ground" IMO - cause he'll be taking shots from folks looking to put him in pain. We've seen plenty of folks "giving it a go" (cant recall a RB doing it....) but few (to my memory) have gotten thru the game unscathed or been factors.

He may well be used as a decoy as much as anything today. Maybe the game plan is use him in the screen/passing game and not much between the tackles. Their are ways to limit the abuse that he may take. One more interesting thing to watch playout today.

Offline Leader

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 08:57:11 AM »

He may well be used as a decoy as much as anything today. Maybe the game plan is use him in the screen/passing game and not much between the tackles. Their are ways to limit the abuse that he may take. One more interesting thing to watch playout today.

The GBPs will have to establish him in some way or MN will sniff out his decoy status and deal with it accordingly. Judgement call if a partially performing 88 / decoy supersedes a healthy Jones, Williams or Mays. Bottom line - I just dont want him getting hurt worse.